MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again. Time for some advise. I'm in the market for a good gun belt. I don't care much for leather, so I'm in the market for an alternative material. I know about the Wilderness Tactical belt, and I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other maker. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I'm very happy with my Liger. It's not leather and its more stiff than a Wilderness.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Uncle Mike's also makes an instructors belt similar to the Wilderness, I'm sure it's not as high a quality as the Wilderness, it's quite a bit cheaper, I've got the Uncle Mike's and it works good for me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
choochboost said:
I'm very happy with my Liger. It's not leather and its more stiff than a Wilderness.

+1 on the Liger. It's not the cheapest thing out there but you'll forget the cost long before you ever get close to wearing it out. I 'outgrew' mine and it's sitting in the dresser mocking me daily right now.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
[quote name='choochboost']I'm very happy with my Liger. It's not leather and its more stiff than a Wilderness.

+1 on the Liger. It's not the cheapest thing out there...[/quote]

Nor is it the most expensive. It's cheaper than many good leather belts.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
I 'outgrew' mine and it's sitting in the dresser mocking me daily right now.
I've got too many of those already!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I have two Ligers. They're ok, but they have their fleas, too. I ordered two belts at the exact same size; one is clearly about 2" longer than the other. They can be hard to get buckled if you wear them tight, since the odd angle of the clip makes it tricky to push through the very tight belt hole. Also, the belt's tongue is almost as wide as the rest of the belt, which can make threading belt loops or leather straps tricky. Because the ends aren't contoured, I've also found that "clip" style gear is a little trickier getting on and off.

None of those are fatal flaws but all in all I was much happier with my Wilson (Rafter) sharkskin. Sadly, I've lost about 35# since the beginning of the year so my too-tight Liger is now the only gun belt I have that fits and I'm too cheap to buy another sharkskin until I know I've stopped shrinking. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts