MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Having seen the SDT in person, I can tell you guys it is certainly something one should see in their lifetime. It is seriously awe inspiring.

One of the amazing things to me is that the SDT billet is a 2 year tour. That is why it is always full of PFCs and L.Cpl's - there is an influx of new Jarheads pretty regularly... 2 years from now, it will be a completely new crowd of Marines - but it looks like the same crew every time. So precise... Awesome.

Semper Fi!

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
They performed at our Military School annual reunion a few years back, very impressive!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Impressive...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I used to see those guys training in the winter when I was deployed to Yuma for exercises. All day long drilling each and every day....

M47_Dragon said:
Having seen the SDT in person, I can tell you guys it is certainly something one should see in their lifetime. It is seriously awe inspiring.

One of the amazing things to me is that the SDT billet is a 2 year tour. That is why it is always full of PFCs and L.Cpl's - there is an influx of new Jarheads pretty regularly... 2 years from now, it will be a completely new crowd of Marines - but it looks like the same crew every time. So precise... Awesome.

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Always point the muzzle in a safe direction. :roll:

I used to be on a rifle team that did that, obviously we weren't as good as these guys though. Very impressive.

·
Registered
873 Posts
freakin' awesome.

When I was a young teenager I was in the Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force auxiliary...think Boy Scouts, but connected to the military) and we did a lot of precision drill. I loved it, but it was nothing compared to this.

Anyone who's done precision drill knows how much of a rush it is to get it EXACTLY right. There's serious pride involved.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
very nice, the crowd really seemed to like it as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts