MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My initial feel of the situation is that the reporter is pro-gun and the Brady guy needs to be pistol-whipped.

If you have valid cause to fear for your life, you should be able to protect yourself with the tools that could save your life.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
See, what I don't understand, is that the Brady guy says in one second that he fought to have people with restraining orders on them not to be able to buy guns, but yet thinks there is going to be a gun fight between the two parties o.0 Maybe he thinks his own laws don't work.

ETA: Gov Rick Perry of Texas was thinking about passing a law that allowed those with a CHL the right to carry onto campuses. http://www.kxan.com/global/story.asp?s=6449437

·
Registered
131 Posts
Maybe I am naive. . . . BUT isn't a person who doesn't give a flying flip about a restraining order not going to care about a "No Guns" policy? All the situations that I can think of Columbine, VTech and others could have been stoped by a person carrying. I find it ironic how laws only limit those who obey them.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
amathis said:
Maybe I am naive. . . . BUT isn't a person who doesn't give a flying flip about a restraining order not going to care about a "No Guns" policy? All the situations that I can think of Columbine, VTech and others could have been stoped by a person carrying. I find it ironic how laws only limit those who obey them.
+100000000

·
Registered
512 Posts
That is very true...laws only apply to those who follow them, so I guess that dismisses the entire argument of the Brady Campaign Representitive.

That video was quite refreshing to watch; I cant remember the last gun rights debate video I have seen that ended up positive. When she asked the Brady rep about whether he would like his children to have a gun if they were caught in a VT style shooting, his argument lost all credibility. Is there anyone who would rather be a target rather than have a fighting chance?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmmm

While I agree that she should be allowed to carry on campus, I'm pretty sure if I found out my son or daughters teacher was packing heat because she was afraid her ex was going to blow her away I would be getting my kid out of that classroom in a hurry.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Hmmm

Omikron said:
While I agree that she should be allowed to carry on campus, I'm pretty sure if I found out my son or daughters teacher was packing heat because she was afraid her ex was going to blow her away I would be getting my kid out of that classroom in a hurry.
...and not because of the armed teacher but because of the ex. Good point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts