MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a small safe for my pistols and have a question on lining. My large rifle safe is lined in waht appears to be a felt. The small safe just has thin foam pads on the tops of the shelfs. I noticed today that it seems like the meatls parts of my pistol were kind of dry after laying on the foam. Is foam a better lining (for laying aa gun on), or should I place a sheet of felt on the top of it and lay the guns on that.

I guess, which is better for keeping away moisture, and not absorbing the oil from the outside of my guns?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use a felt like pad for my safe. Keep the foam and just lay some felt in it, it will be fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. My temporary solution was to cut up a rifle "gun sock" that I had laying around and lay the guns on it.

I ordered one of the 4 gun racks and I will see how that works out. I had looked at those before but wasn't sure how well it would fit in the safe and how much space it would take up, but that seems like my best option so I figure I will try it out and see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts