MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I sure enjoyed it. I love reading real life balistic reports ;-)

·
Registered
191 Posts
To bad the home owner did not grab the shotgun instead! :twisted:

Goes to prove, you need to get good hits in the right areas to get a good result. Sad the home owner died in the gun fight.

Note to self. Put on body armor if you have time before having a gun fight and grab the shotgun. :wink:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Shotty would have definitely been a better choice but as long as you have to go with a handgun for kids or whatever reason should have used a .357 magnum. I think it would've been much tougher to survive seven rounds of .357 hollow points.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
thedude said:
...but as long as you have to go with a handgun for kids or whatever reason should have used a .357 magnum. I think it would've been much tougher to survive seven rounds of .357 hollow points.
I'm sure Trooper Coates would have thought so as well. :?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good point, I get closer to rationalizing a S&W .500 every day. Looks like it might serve a purpose beyond grizzly bear defense.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It looks like he took a couple of rounds to the head. Does anyone know if this guy was pumped up on anything like pcp? if he was that S&W 500 might not have helped much either...and i probably wouldn't have been able to get off nearly as many rounds as with my 9mm. I guess I'll get the mossberg back outta the gun safe and put it near the bed post.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Fire1 said:
It looks like he took a couple of rounds to the head. Does anyone know if this guy was pumped up on anything like pcp? if he was that S&W 500 might not have helped much either...and i probably wouldn't have been able to get off nearly as many rounds as with my 9mm. I guess I'll get the mossberg back outta the gun safe and put it near the bed post.

Me thinks those were fillings/crowns, or whatever kind of dental work it is that required metal. Perhaps some gold teef? :roll:

The guy said they found crack and meth in his system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts