MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else see the torture test this morning done on the M&P? They put it in a vice and repeatedly poured diatomecious earth over and on the pistol and tried firing it. They did that to simulate the dirt/sands of mesopotamia where soldiers might be while using the M&P. It failed to go to battery on it's third shot and a few times after. Overall, not a bad test. It performed well under the circumstances. Just curious what anyone else who might of seen it thought about it.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I saw it but didn't think much about it. If my pistol was dropped in fine sand I would at least blow and shake the excess off prior to attempts to fire. Had they done that I expect it would have gone into battery. Diatomatious earth is not really equal to normal fine dust.

I don't intend to test mine that way. :twisted:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Personally I think the "Torture Tests" on Guns and Ammo are a downside to a usually good program. Running over guns with a truck, putting them on Bar-B-Q's, deep frying in grease, sticking them in a bucket of concrete, etc. do nothing to show the true value or dependability of any firearm. The M&P test showed quite a few failures...and that I had expected. They should have also showed the same test using a Glock, an XD, and a Ruger. I am sure all would have failed just like the M&P. I usually record the program and usually I Fast Forward through the Torture Test segment. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Arizona Smithshooter said:
Personally I think the "Torture Tests" on Guns and Ammo are a downside to a usually good program. Running over guns with a truck, putting them on Bar-B-Q's, deep frying in grease, sticking them in a bucket of concrete, etc. do nothing to show the true value or dependability of any firearm. The M&P test showed quite a few failures...and that I had expected. They should have also showed the same test using a Glock, an XD, and a Ruger. I am sure all would have failed just like the M&P. I usually record the program and usually I Fast Forward through the Torture Test segment. Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more, but it is fun to watch...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I watch that part of the show for a laugh. It just looks like two overgrown 10 year olds playing to me. I know they are using real safety measures so mean no disrepect, but I thought that part of the show was supposed to be funny.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think it is a retarded segment of the show!! Two nards and a complete lack of journalistic endeavor! JMHO

·
Registered
599 Posts
G&A TV

I think the people on the show should follow the safety rules that we were taught and teach

to others. Testing firearms without safety glasses. What does this teach our kids and new shooters.

When I E'd them , they never answered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice to know if your ever back-washing your pool filter... while carrying. Otherwise what real world senario would this be useful information. DE is like talcum powder, not really even like the desert. I'm surprised the gun went as far as it did before malfunctioning. Any firearm is going to fail sprinkling DE into the action.

Guns & Ammo TV is my least favorite show on Wednesday nights. I'll watch the highlights in the beginning of the show and then usually delete it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts