MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I finally got my MP9c back from the gunsmith. Its been there for 6 weeks for the installation of night sights...It would have been done 3 weeks ago but something was put back together wrong underneath the rear sight. I couldn't even get the slide back on. So finally its back in and I go get it and take it to the range...it shoots beautifully. Finally my baby is home. Except now its dark and I can actually see the Tritium glow....the rear sights are glowing the wrong color. I gave them yellow rears and they put green one in. So what do I do now? I just want to make sure I didn't get an old set of rears that are going to crap out on me. It sucks because I like the gun shop that I used as an intermediate to the smith but on the other hand this smith is putting the wrong things on pistols...any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
never go back to him again

·
Registered
910 Posts
Not sure what to do about the sights, but in the future go to a gunsmith who doesn't suck - there are plenty on here you can mail your guns to, and would've had the sights on & back to you in like 2-3 days.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ask him if you can have your sites back, since he didnt put them on right the first time and didnt put them on the second time.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Sounds like he destroyed the spring for the sriker safety. That disqualifies him for future work IMHO. As targetsup suggested, go get "Your" sights and tell him you will return his whenever if ever you switch them out.

:twisted:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I wanna apologize to all the gunsmithing guys like dan on here....I was just afraid of shipping and did something really stupid instead. Next time I will definately go with the experts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
At least you were smart enough to go to a gunsmith in the first place.

I recently decided to put my new sights on my .40c myself with my new handy-dandy sight pusher. Did not read the instructions (duh!) and totally screwed-up my slide by letting the pusher contact it and not paying attention while I cranked away. It was a very dumb thing to do.

Once I realized what I had done, I talked myself into just sending the dang thing to Mr. Burwell for a melt and trigger job as well as the sharkskin treatment. :wink:

As bad as your situation may seem, believe me, it could have been worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts