MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one gun done by Dan Burwell and it is sweat. Down below 3 pounds. I have another where I have tried twice to follow Dan's instructions and the best that I can do on my trigger gauge is just below 5 pounds with less overtravel and a shorter reset. Has anyone that is not a professional been able to get down below 3 pounds without cutting some off of the striker spring?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I removed four coils from the striker spring of a M&P 9 with a Dan Burwell trigger job and it was totally reliable. Trigger pull was 4# plus and very smooth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
question on spring

Are you able to describe how to get the spring out of the plastic sleeve. I don't have it with me now so I am asking even though it may be intuitive.

thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought a Wolff reduced-rate striker spring (5lb instead of 6lb)... it helped a bit. The spring actually had more coils, but was slightly smaller gauge.

The biggest improvement would be to polish the transfer bar, sear, and firing pin safety... Just doing the spring simply results in a minutely lighter pull that is just as 'crunchy'.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Re: question on spring

CaptainH said:
Are you able to describe how to get the spring out of the plastic sleeve. I don't have it with me now so I am asking even though it may be intuitive.

thanks

Am I the only one who thinks if you have to ask how to take the gun apart that you shouldn't be working on the trigger. Unsafe!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts

JohnN said:
[quote name='CaptainH']Are you able to describe how to get the spring out of the plastic sleeve. I don't have it with me now so I am asking even though it may be intuitive.

thanks

Am I the only one who thinks if you have to ask how to take the gun apart that you shouldn't be working on the trigger. Unsafe!!!![/quote]

gotta learn somehow.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unsafe would be not seeking the advice of people who might know better - and choosing to strike out on his own...

·
Registered
73 Posts

CaptainH said:

thanks

It's just like removing valve-springs from a cylinder head. Depress the spring and remove the 2 halves of the retainer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question on spring reply

Thanks Molonlabetn,

That is the kind of help that I need from a fellow shooter. I am still interested in my original question here and that is - has anyone had good luck getting the trigger weight down below 3# without cutting the spring? Other than Dan Burwell and his professional colleagues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts