MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't posted in a while. I Graduated from college a month ago, and i'm finishing up a few extra summer classes. Been working like crazy on top of that, and among other things, had my old car stolen.

So besides all that wonderful stuff, listen to this...

I have a Facebook account, and on there I belong to my Schools Firearms club, as well as the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Group. I just got a phone call from my campus safety office saying I needed to come in for some questioning. I was extremely puzzled as to what this is for. But, from an inside source, I got tipped off that a Lady at Metropolitan State University in Minneapolis, MN filed a report with my school because she believes I am illegally carrying my weapon on campus. She Apparently is scanning these groups for active posters, and reporting them to their schools, alleging that they are carrying on their school's property.

So she filed a report with my school, and sent it to Crime Prevention. I don't know what exactly she wrote in her E-mail, but I do know she sent copies of what I wrote on the message boards for the Concealed Carry group. It was a thread I created merely asking what kind of Gun people owned/carried. There was also a copy of where I mentioned the type of Concealment holster I wanted. She told my school that they needed to search me and my vehicle, and question me.

This lady didn't bother to look up the fact that I am an Eagle Scout, Brotherhood member of Order of the Arrow, or the fact that I have over 300 community service hours in my hometown. She didn't bother to find out that our gun club has signed contracts from each member to the school stating we know we cannot carry weapons or ammo on campus property, and if caught, we are to be expelled. No, instead, this uber liberal that has nothing else better to do with her time is Harassing me, and filing false allegations against me, potentially damaging my character. This is extremely bothersome to me because I am about to be interviewed by the FAA For my job as an Air Traffic Controller. They do extensive background checks, and I don't need this Bull **** on there b/c some lady was bored and extremely anti-gun.

For Christ's sake... I'm on the cover of my schools magazine about how I facilitated emergency communications during a natural disaster at our school. (You can read it here, just click on the picture: http://www.erau.edu/er/newsmedia/leader/index.html)

So luckily, we are in good with the majority of Campus Safety officers, and they told us they are treating this matter as a whacked out anti gun person with nothing better to do, but they still have to investigate it.

SO, it turns out this lady is actually a STUDENT! And from another source, I acquired her name and phone number. My lawyer gave her a call, asking for her address to send her a letter of correspondence since she was filing false reports on me (just to scare her a bit) and she hung up on him.

I have my meeting with campus safety tomorrow morning, and I have gone through my car with a fine tooth comb to make sure I didn't accidentally leave a round in between my seats that may have fallen out of a box of ammo or what not. During the meeting I will be asking for a copy of her email that she sent them, a copy of the report, and her mailing address so that My lawyer can send her the letter. We are also speaking with the head of security at her school because she is apparently doing this to a lot of people all over the country.

I'll post an update after tomorrow's meeting

-Cameron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ClosetCaseNerd said:
Wow, I'm ticked. Persue her for slander and harassment.

I agree, at the very least a written, or public apology.

·
Registered
154 Posts
what a b!tch.

if you actually get in real trouble call the NRA. And for mass press coverage, Sean Hannity.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not sure how far you want to pursue this, especially since lawyers and such can get VERY expensive VERY fast. But, you seem to be an active member of your University with some contacts. You may want to see if any other members of your groups are being harrassed in the same manner. You may also want to see if similar organizations around your area are getting the same kind of treatment from her or any of her "associates". If you can show a pattern of harrassment you may be able to go after her in civil court, quite possibly even criminal court. If she has friends doing the same thing to others, then its a whole new ballgame. You can also see if there is any way to go after her for falsifying a Police report.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ERAU is a private aeronautical university with a campus in Central Florida and a campus in Arizona. By the city name Daytona in his username and the reference to tornadoes, it's the Central Florida campus.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I am in Daytona Beach, really eastern Florida, but central is close enough.

The girl is in Minneapolis, MN

I just got out of the meeting with my campus safety office. Basically they are writing a supplement to the report stating that the claims were unfounded, and they are doing no further investigation. This is good, but I'm still upset that some girl can just create a problem at her will.

This will leave a permanent record on my file at ERAU, and when the FAA does it's background check, i have a feeling it's going to come back to haunt me, but the Campus Safety office swears that this will have no effect on me in the future. My mother and lawyer feels it's best to let it lie and die at the moment. This doesn't sit right with me though, because I HATE it when someone attacks my character, or dignity, or my beliefs. . . Especially when the attack is unfounded and completely falsified.

But I am going to let it die, but if she continues to harass me, I will let my lawyer have at her.

Still aggravating as hell though

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wait let me get this straight. Some biatch in MN, never having come in contact with you, seen you in person... files a police report alleging that you are guilty of carrying a gun on campus. WTF?!over. If you are going to try to let this die, which is not a bad choice, make sure you have an official copy of the police report along with her name, address and any and ll personal information you can legally collect. If you go to the FAA and they give you greif, they should have to tell you why. If it turns out that it is because of that police report sue her into oblivion and bankrupt her.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TAZ said:
Wait let me get this straight. Some biatch in MN, never having come in contact with you, seen you in person... files a police report alleging that you are guilty of carrying a gun on campus. WTF?!over. If you are going to try to let this die, which is not a bad choice, make sure you have an official copy of the police report along with her name, address and any and ll personal information you can legally collect. If you go to the FAA and they give you greif, they should have to tell you why. If it turns out that it is because of that police report sue her into oblivion and bankrupt her.

I won't get the report until next week once they write their supplement to it. But I looked her up on the white pages, and have an address, name and number. If anything does come back from this, i'll be ready.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
not all minnesotans are alike

I promise you we are not all like her!!! I am glad you have some good sources to back you up!!!! good luck and down with the liberals

·
Registered
708 Posts
that lady is a waste of life...

what is Brotherhood member of Order of the Arrow ?..

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Order of the Arrow was founded as a distinguished campers society for the BSA at Treasure Island Scout Reservation which is an island in the Deleware River.

Brotherhood is the second level of this honor society and is given to a member who "seals" their obligation to the order by accepting extra service project responsibilities to their camp, council and lodge.

I was a District Executive for the Boy Scouts and am an Ordeal member of the Order. Ordeal is the first level.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Messed up story.

Givem that this could go on to haunt U - If U can afford it, I'd go ahead and tak eit a step further, if it were me. I would have your attorney demand a retraction on her part or you will file a lawsuit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Stranded in Daytona said:
Honestly, I'd be happy with her written apology. But at the same time, I want her to stop doing this to other people in the country.

People like this, with their minds already made up need to be slapped down hard otherwise they will just Not Learn. She's spent years developing her mindset, if she allowed to give you only a written apology she will put it down to a minor inconvenience. Those lessons we learn best are the ones we have to strive hardest for....so give her a little STRIFE!! :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts