MP-Pistol Forum banner

FTF/FTE Issues?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to learn if any other MP45 owners out there have had feeding or other reliability issues with their MP45 while shooting Blazer Brass?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've voted No, though I've only shot about 100 rounds of Blazer Brass so far.

I should be able to go back to the range within the next week or so and plan to put more through it. Since it seems to be the cheapest range ammo, I hope mine runs fine with it.

How bad are the problems you've been having?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've experienced random failure to feed issues while using Blazer Brass to the point that I nearly gave up on the weapon. Decided to change to WWB and it finally shot 100%.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep. But I've had issues with other ammo as well. I've had six or so FTF in 700 or less rounds and four of them were with Blazer Brass. Certainly can't blame it on the ammo alone though, so take this with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have put a whole lot of Blazer brass through both of my .45's and .40. It's all I shoot unless Wally World happens to be out of it. No issues at all. Plenty accurate for range use.

·
Registered
541 Posts
While not shot in an M&P, I have shot about 1800 rds. of it during a training class using various 1911's. I had many problems with rounds, either being too short to feed (straight from the factory box) and shortening by pushing the bullet farther into the case when hitting the feed ramp due too light of taper crimp. The instructor ragged on me every time I had a failure to feed. On the plus side, it did give me plenty of practice clearing jams. :wink:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found it rather odd, Blazer Brass functions fine in my Sigs and Glocks but rather chokes in my MP45. I'm going to shoot a few more hundred rounds through the gun before trying Blazer Brass again since this is more likely a wear-in issue. As previously stated, I had a similar issue with MP9 and WWB during the first few hundred rounds. I used different ammo for five hundred rounds and finally went back to WWB. Now, my MP9 shoots WWB on a regular basis without issue.

I believe that some of the issues regarding ammunition sensitivity is the internal coating on the locking block - once it wears away (or wears in) everything functions fine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
the odd thing...

after putting 200-250 rounds each of WWB through my .40 compact and fullsize, i switched to blazer brass.

my full sized .40 eats it up and loves it.

my .40c chokes on a round every so many shots. (FTF).

i dont get it... the internal schematics are pretty much the same... but one likes it, and the other hates it.

havent tried it in my .45 yet. actually, havent fired my .45 yet...

·
Registered
380 Posts
oh, i will be tonight.... i picked it up on "black friday"... so it's only been two days (weekend festivities at my gun club closed the range).

·
Registered
104 Posts
blazer brass

I have shot more than 1500 rounds of blazer brass between my M&P 40 and 45 with 0 fail to fire and maybe 2 fail to feed. This stuff can be had cheep and is avg. as far as residue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
.45 ACP Blazer Brass

I've shot about 800 rounds of Blazer Brass .45s in USPSA and IDPA matches, but only through Kimber 1911s. Never had an issue of any sort.

·
Registered
380 Posts
750 rounds of Blazer Brass through the .45 - no hiccups.

1200 through my .40 - only one hiccup, and not even a really bad one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Out of the first box I bought, I had 9 failures to feed due ti the bullet shoving back in the case, resulting in a round too short to feed properly. This was in my Kimber. I figured maybe this box was from a bad lot, and bought another one. Failure to feed second round out of the box. Bullet shoved back into case. The cases aren't sized tight enough.

I'm happy for you guys that haven't had any problems with them. I'll stick to WWB or American Eagle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In my 1911 1,400 rounds blazer no problem, but then again I hand fit this gun myself and I bet it could load a rock if you could get one to stay in the magazine!!HAHA

My M&P 40 all blazers 2,500 rounds, no issues at all!!! then again it's a 40 and i have only had one gun in 40 cal to give me loading issues.

my fathers M&P 9 1200 rounds, all blazers no issues!!

My M&P 45 150 blazers a ton of FTF, but on the other hand changed to WWB and no issues at all!! matter of fact, i find it is super smooth at feeding WWB.

Some other guns I have owned have been like this before (picky on the ammo they like). However, I find after shooting them some, the issues go away.

For example, I had a Styer that shot every type of ammo under the sun, but just didn't like blazers and sometime would jam up and set back the bullets in there case. Good thing they jammed the gun up because its never a good thing to shoot 40's that has a bullet seated to deep in a case( it causes a spike in pressure)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Blazer Brass has been great to me in 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP.

M&P 9, 40C and 45.

However had a squib in WWB in 45GAP at a defensive combat class that resulted in a blown barrel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts