MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question. What would I need to do/install to increase trigger pull weight to my mp9c? Something similar to adding a NY1 to a glock?

THanks,

PP

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
You could use the Massachusetts 10 lb. trigger.

You would need the sear block, trigger bar, and trigger spring.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Could you potentially place a stronger spring on the striker, thus increasing the amount of push necessary?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Onuma said:
Could you potentially place a stronger spring on the striker, thus increasing the amount of push necessary?

Just a thought.

I thought about that but when I look at the operation of the sear it doesn't look there is much linear travel as it rocks down to release the pin, as in pre-cock is nearly a total cock. Seems like the firing pin spring would need to be mighty strong to feel it.

Where is the best place online to buy the parts Yukon recommended?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
You can order the parts from S&W.

I don't have the part numbers for the parts included in the 10 lb. trigger.

If someone has the S&W part numbers, please post them up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
A stronger spring on the trigger bar assembly would work.

I do it for lightening, why not stronger ones?

·
Registered
3 Posts
5F18 said:
whats the reason you want to go heaver than stock? :?: :?:

Yeah!?! I have the Mass 10lb and I can't wait to get my trigger job! Speaking of which, I know that they can only sell the 10lb trigger in due to Mass laws... but is it illegal to lower it from stock in Mass? The laws are confusing!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5F18 said:
whats the reason you want to go heaver than stock? :?: :?:

I have a G26 that I recently added a NY-1 and left the stock connector. Don't know why but my grip and the pressure on that trigger seems to keep the gun firm in the hand during trigger pull and my accuracy went up. I wanted to try the same thing with the M&P. If anyone knows those part numbers I need, would appreciate it.

PP

·
Registered
2 Posts
deggs33 said:
[quote name='5F18']whats the reason you want to go heaver than stock? :?: :?:

Yeah!?! I have the Mass 10lb and I can't wait to get my trigger job! Speaking of which, I know that they can only sell the 10lb trigger in due to Mass laws... but is it illegal to lower it from stock in Mass? The laws are confusing![/quote]

I just got my .40c in MA today, and I had them do a trigger job. I got it at M&M in Plymouth, MA. and they did the trigger job for 5 bucks because I bought it there... its 25$ otherwise, and no it's not illegal to lower the spring on the trigger in MA. do it! wold of difference. take care

mph

1 - 12 of 12 Posts