MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All. I've been lurking around here for a week or two and just ordered a M&P compact in 9mm.

I've learned a lot already from all of you and look forward to the future.
 

·
Site Staff
Joined
·
9,618 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I've learned a lot already from all of you and look forward to the future


Welcome


It's a great site with a lot of great info. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan. Where are you located? I'm a full-size M&P9 owner since October, like it a lot and do my range shooting at Bill's in Circle Pines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dakotapix said:
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan. Where are you located? I'm a full-size M&P9 owner since October, like it a lot and do my range shooting at Bill's in Circle Pines.


Thnaks to everyone for the kind welcome.



Dakotapix - Good to know ther are some other Minnesotans representing the site. I live south of the river in Burnsville and do most of my shooting at the Burnsville Pistol Range. I've also been to Bill's in Robbinsdale a few times. It's a bit of a drive though. How are you liking the full size? I'm trying to convince my little brother to get one on his 21st B-day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Eichen323 said:
Dakotapix - Good to know ther are some other Minnesotans representing the site. I live south of the river in Burnsville and do most of my shooting at the Burnsville Pistol Range. I've also been to Bill's in Robbinsdale a few times. It's a bit of a drive though. How are you liking the full size? I'm trying to convince my little brother to get one on his 21st B-day.


The M&P is my first and only non-rimfire handgun, so my experience in this is somewhat limited. I looked around at quite a few semi-auto pistols and was having trouble finding one I really liked. Then a sales clerk handed the M&P to me and it was instant gotta have it!! It just felt right.



I continue to look at the compact version but I really don't need a smaller pistol because I don't intend to carry. One thing you'll note is that the trigger might have some grittiness to it when new but tends to smooth out with firing. I have only about 900 rounds through my gun but it is considerable better than when new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The M&P is my first and only non-rimfire handgun, so my experience in this is somewhat limited. I looked around at quite a few semi-auto pistols and was having trouble finding one I really liked. Then a sales clerk handed the M&P to me and it was instant gotta have it!! It just felt right.



I continue to look at the compact version but I really don't need a smaller pistol because I don't intend to carry. One thing you'll note is that the trigger might have some grittiness to it when new but tends to smooth out with firing. I have only about 900 rounds through my gun but it is considerable better than when new.




Thanks for the info. It won't take long for me to get 900 round though it (once it arrives) The reason that I chose the compact is because I want a carry piece. I'm taking my class next month. I have 2 Sigs already and they're fine pistols; just to big and heavy for carry. IMO I think I made a good choice. I ordered a VM2 for it today. Unfortunately it's a 16-22 week backlog.


Oh well. What ya going to do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Yeah Joel welcome,



I recently joined the site too, I have the full size 9mm.



I go to BVP also.



When you going next? I'm due to fire 2-300 rounds. This time, bring your other Sig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shadow Z said:
Yeah Joel welcome,



I recently joined the site too, I have the full size 9mm.



I go to BVP also.



When you going next? I'm due to fire 2-300 rounds. This time, bring your other Sig.




Hey buddy. I was wondering when I'd hear from you. I can make myself free after 5 weeknights or all day Mondays.

By the way...Dick's has 9mm on sale $6.98/50 rounds when you buy a case of 500. With tax it works out to $74.34/500

I got 2




Have a good one.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top