MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm live in the South Bay Area of Northern California, though hope to move to a more gun-friendly state someday. I jsut bought an M&P9 after much research. It was between the Walther p99 and the Smith--the price and feel of the Smith sold me.

The only other gun I own is a S&W 686P 4" barrel. It's a great gun even with a lock, but I felt I needed a semi-auto. In less than 10 days it should be in my hands. WEll it's good to be a part of the community.

Ciao,

Effy

P.S. I did rent several guns in my search. The Glock 19 beat the hell out of my hands for some reason. My .357 had better felt recoil, or maybe it my technique. ::Shrug:: The Ruger p95 peaked my interest due to the price, but I couldn't hit anything with it due to a rather large grip. The XD was nice enough, but interchangeable backstraps are a great feature IMO, so that left the Smith and Walther, and I shot those better. Well I hope i made a good decision.

·
Site Staff
9,608 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I've heard good things about VA. I'm originally from MN, but I'm not going back to the snow, at least not that much snow. I have a pal in south Ohio, I also hear good things about that area. ::shrug:: I'll stay put for now though. We have some good shooting ranges around here, one was in the Mythbusters episode where they tried to shoot a bullet into the chamber of another gun. I missed meeting them by less than 10 minutes, as some fellow in the NRA handgun safety class got their autograph. ::grumps:: I'd settle for Kari's number instead. ;>

·
Registered
73 Posts
Effyouess said:
Thanks, I've heard good things about VA. I'm originally from MN, but I'm not going back to the snow, at least not that much snow. I have a pal in south Ohio, I also hear good things about that area. ::shrug:: I'll stay put for now though. We have some good shooting ranges around here, one was in the Mythbusters episode where they tried to shoot a bullet into the chamber of another gun. I missed meeting them by less than 10 minutes, as some fellow in the NRA handgun safety class got their autograph. ::grumps:: I'd settle for Kari's number instead. ;>

Yeah every place has its pros and cons. I have spent a few weeks in SD in the winter -- a real treat. 2 seasons: shoveling and swatting. Speaking of the NRA Their HQ is right down the road in Fairfax...Mythbusters is a real treat on the weekends when I can catch it. Again wecome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts