MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All from the Piney Woods of Texas and thanks for a great forum.

In a recent gun trade, I ended up with a fairly new Pro series in 9mm. I figured it would be something I could flip and make a few bucks on...then I made the mistake of shooting it. To my surprise, this is about the most comfortable pistol I have ever shot. It fits my hand well, points naturally and is balanced nice for a poly frame. All in all, a very successful design. Except the trigger. And no night sights.

What do you folks do for triggers and night sights?

Thanks!

·
Site Staff
9,625 Posts
Welcome!

As you read this forum you will quickly find one of the most common mods to to replace some of the trigger components with parts from Apex Tactical. As far as sights I use mine stock, so no recommendations there.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect

If you are mechanically inclined most people install their own using the online video guides.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Welcome... and what G56 said

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome from the desert of New Mexico. I haven't done anything to my triggers yet, but I have had TFX Pro hybrid Fiber optic / tritium night sights installed on the Shield , and couldn't be happier .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks All!
I’ve looked at the apex triggers...and at the discussions on this forum. Given the problems somE have with the apex kits, are they worth it? Also, what is S&W saying about their guns? I’m new to the brand and model but I’d expect a factory fix from the manufacturing floor or the custom shop.
Thanks again for the hospitality. This seems like a great forum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello fellow Texan!

I ordered an apex trigger the other night and have contemplated self install or gunsmith. Will probably opt for the smith to do it in Euless along with some other additions like a new mag slide button to match from Hyve. Wife and I really enjoying the customization factor with our new shield and performance center shield. Oh and a cool backplate addition, too!

Let us know what you decide to run. My dad is a long time sig fan but after doing many trials, my wife loved the feel of a shield in her hand and she shoots it really well to boot. I picked up the performance center on a nice sale at the shoot point blank store off 183 and was excited to try out the ported barrel. Plus I feel better if we both carry same weapon so we can both be proficient together. I lucked out that she got so interested and I have a lifelong range buddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Hello fellow Texan!

I ordered an apex trigger the other night and have contemplated self install or gunsmith. Will probably opt for the smith to do it in Euless along with some other additions like a new mag slide button to match from Hyve. Wife and I really enjoying the customization factor with our new shield and performance center shield. Oh and a cool backplate addition, too!

Let us know what you decide to run. My dad is a long time sig fan but after doing many trials, my wife loved the feel of a shield in her hand and she shoots it really well to boot. I picked up the performance center on a nice sale at the shoot point blank store off 183 and was excited to try out the ported barrel. Plus I feel better if we both carry same weapon so we can both be proficient together. I lucked out that she got so interested and I have a lifelong range buddy.
Range buddies are a huge plus, my wife is my range buddie too. Sometimes she out shoots me...lol.
My wife an i conceal carry the same model guns... comes in handy should one of us runs out of mags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts