MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on this forum for a couple months now. I appreciate the knowledge and information shared.

I've been looking to buy my first handgun. I plan on going to Front Sight soon with my step-father for training and to get my CCW. I live in Eastern Utah (dinosaur land) and there are very few ranges available in the Salt Lake area to rent and traveling out there for this purpose has been expensive.

So far, I have tried the Glock 19, XD9, HK USP9, Glock 23 and SA Champion 45. I think the G19 was a first generation model. I've had the most problems with it--slide failing to lock back and lots of FTFs. The first time I rented it the gun was absolutely filthy (yet so many on Glock Talk brag about how they have never had any problem with their Glock even though they have never cleaned it for thousands of rounds). The next time it was cleaner and it still had several FTFs. At that point I took it back and asked to try another gun. I didn't have any problems with any of the others. I suppose I may have been limp wristing or something else. Anyway, the G23 is the gun I've shot best with so far. In 5 targets with 10 shots each at about 10 yards I only had two fliers. The rest were about 2 inch groups. My best was 10 shots in the 10 and 9 ring. I really don't want to like a Glock, mostly because I'm disgusted with all the Glock fanatics out there, but so far that's what I've done best with.

I really want to try the M&P 9 and 40 before I buy one. I absolutely love the way it feals and the full-size is just slightly larger than the G19. I just can't find anywhere that has one to rent out here. Does anybody know of a place in the Salt Lake vicinity that has one for rent? If not, would anybody consider meeting me some time and allow me to try theirs?

Anyway, I'm glad to be a member here now and hope to own an M&P soon.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts