MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I just purchased an M&P 9 yesterday. I am sure my friends will be confused since I am a pacifist. However, never mistake pacifist for stupid. I would never start trouble but I refuse to be a vicitim. I am guaranteed the right to own guns for protection and that seems like a darn good idea in todays world. I do not believe I am alone in these thoughts.

Since I am not that experienced with weapons I have signed up for an NRA Pistol Safety Classes and I am going to take it one step at a time. Learn properly, develop the skills, safety first, and practice, practice practice.

Although I am a Democrat I do not support any gun control that limits my ability to legally purchase and possess guns. Face it, bad guys do not buy guns through legal channels. Again, I do not think I am the only Democrat who feels this way. The NRA needs to stop alienating Democrats and maybe even sponsor a drive to recruit more like me to the ranks. If they keep party politics out of the issue they would double their membership and their voice to the elected officials. Remember, the one sure way to tell if a politician is lying is to see if his mouth is moving.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to learn a lot from you more experienced members.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HELLO FROM WV

Only shot it at the gun shop but I was going to buy a Glock 19 and you see what I ended up with after trying them both.

Too cold windy and blowing snow to shoot here today. Later in the week I hope.

Good to be here and love the M&P9.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The NRA is not alienating Democrats. In fact, they support many Democrats. The Democrats they will not support are the ones that introduce and/or vote for anti-gun legislation.

People are usually voting for the lesser of 2 evils (the 2 candidates). To most people that own guns, gun rights are a voting issue. Republican or Democrat, it doesn't matter. It's who will protect my gun rights. The NRA supports those that will protect gun rights.

It's not a party issue. It's a gun rights issue.

Welcome, and thank you for exercising your gun rights.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HELLO FROM WEST VIRGINIA

Yukon,

I can't agree more that it isn't a party issue. I would never vote for anyone who takes any rights, guns or other personal liberties. The one thing I am sure of is that any politician who ignores the Constituton is a danger to all rights.

I am joining the NRA because I see the value of protecting our right to own guns.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome- You won't regret getting a M&P- when you learn to shoot it, get your concealed carry permit. It is real easy to get one here in WV - it is issued by your County Sheriff. All you need is the application and a copy of your NRA Pistol Course certificate.( and $90) . By the way, what part of WV are you in? I'm in Hardy County, just south of Wardensville. Rich

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Rich. I am just north of Moorefield. How about that, two West Virginians in the same county on the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts