MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this forum, but also new to guns in general ive started getting real interested in shooting and collecting guns as a hobby and ive come to love it.

But any way my first gun purchase was an S&W M&P .40C i love this gun and everything about it besides two main things i hope you guys can help me with the first thing is the Gritty trigger at first it wasnt to bad, because like i said this is/was my first gun purchase, well a buddy of min has the same M&P 9mmC and surely enough it feels the same after me and him were going to the range a couple days a week for about a month a couple older guys started recognizing us and started letting use shoot some of their other guns, riffles, pistols & shotguns thats when i started noticing trigger differences. One day me and another friend went to the range and he has a CZ75 clone 9mm and i shoot about 75 rounds threw it and i loved the trigger pull so i started researching triggers and springs and from everything ive read and seen i belive the

M&P 45/45 Compact Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (DCAEK) by apex
Along with the Apex competition striker spring

is the way to go i just wanted to get a second opinion from some one this reputable forum, just let me know what yous think about it and if you think their is a better option...

Secondly is my front sight im not a big fan of the big white dot especially at night i found these front ones i think will work for what i want.
Im just so unsure about the sizing im not sure if their is special sizes for the compacts or what

M&P F/O Front Sight, .115 Wide X .130 tall [2055] - $39.00 : Welcome to Speed Shooter Specialties

This is the page with different sizes i think their might be two more the page before

Front Sights : Welcome to Speed Shooter Specialties

I would greatly appreciate some words of wisdom or advice from you experienced and knowingly guys.

Thanks for letting me apart of your forum and community!

-Rich

·
Registered
249 Posts
For a better trigger I have always just gone for the USB and hard sear. Been totally satisfied with that alone, never touched any of the springs other than the one with the USB.

Can't help you with the sights. When I change out sights I just go tritium front and rear as a set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright well I'll give it a try and go from their. Thanks

Anyone else on the sights I really don't wanna go for a $150 set

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Leave the gun alone! The engineers at S&W are smarter than ANYONE on these forums! The trigger will break in with the pistol. As for the sight, with enough practice it will become irrelevant. You're new to guns and already want to alter them? Give yourself and the gun a chance. Save the money for ammo!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Leave the gun alone! The engineers at S&W are smarter than ANYONE on these forums! The trigger will break in with the pistol. As for the sight, with enough practice it will become irrelevant. You're new to guns and already want to alter them? Give yourself and the gun a chance. Save the money for ammo!
I hear you! Good advice. Plenty of time to change later, if really necessary.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hear you! Good advice. Plenty of time to change later, if really necessary.
Really it's your money and time. Do whatever you'd like to it. I would suggest not doing anything to permanently alter the firearm but I'm certainly a fan of making mine fit me exactly how I like and you won't really know what you like unless you play with it. Only way to get experience that I know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank yous

I agree with all of yous a 100% and yesterday i was at the range i started to get a little more comfortable with my sights i shoot about 150 rounds for like two hours plus a little fun with .22 im starting to get the feel for the sights, i just still dont like the trigger pull but like some of yous said it might need to break in first i still dont think i have a 750 rounds threw it yet, but i will give the trigger a chance for now and save the money and invest in a Mossberg 500 i think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts