MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All,

First I'd like to say "Thanks" to all of the posters here as I am new to handguns and read alot of this information before purchasing the M&P. I am not in Law Enforcement so having not been around the block as most of you seem to be, this forum was quite informative and led me to my purchase.

I encouraged my wife to take a level 1 handgun course with me to learn how to properly shoot and to be safe in the process. Having read alot of topics on this forum, I was able to use a M&P 40 for the class (the range actually had one) and it felt.... right. Easy to use, cofortable, very accurate. I tried an XD 45, XD 9 and a couple of Glocks before deciding, but I always came back to the M&P just due to its compfort and overall great reviews.

I am currently in my 10 day waiting period and should be able to pick up my new baby around the 22nd. My wife ended up getting a Glock 19 as she said that gun fit her better. I had her shoot the M&P but it was a bit more than her wrist could take, so the 9 seemed better. Anyhow, I may later get a compact M&P 9 to see if she likes that, but the range doesn't have one of those to rent so I'll just have to try it. I have so many other question for all of you experts, but I just wanted to introduce myself so you knew (maybe) who I was. Thanks again to all..

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site... A wealth of info on this site make yourself cumfy 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Welcome! Some people can handle the 40. Others shoot better with the 9mm. Either way, the M&P is great.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I love my M&P .40. The full size is still a relatively small gun, and with the right holster, would make a fine CCW. It will make a great HD gun, as well. The M&P .40 doesn't have too bad a recoil, I don't think. I like shooting mine.....and it's a LOT more fun to shoot than my .357 mag. LOL. Welcome.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome

Glad to see you are including your wife into your hobby, you'll never regret that

A family that shoots together stays together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the well wishes

Thanks for the Positive well wishes. I'll move my questions on the the forum now. I'll try not to duplicate questions that have already been asked. The search engine here seems pretty good so maybe I can get some of the "Newbie" questions out of the way.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts