MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gun will not dry fire with out the mag causing it not able to remove the silde, it fires fine with the mag but as soon as you take it out if will no fire.
Can anyone help me with this??!?!?!?:veryangry:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Assuming this is an M&P by the section you put this in.

(Remove magazine and check the gun is clear)

1. Lock the slide to the rear.
2. Turn the take down lever down.
3. Reach inside the ejection port and push down the sear release lever. (Small yellow lever)
4. Release the slide stop.
5. Push the slide forward off the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Assuming this is an M&P by the section you put this in.

(Remove magazine and check the gun is clear)

1. Lock the slide to the rear.
2. Turn the take down lever down.
3. Reach inside the ejection port and push down the sear release lever. (Small yellow lever)
4. Release the slide stop.
5. Push the slide forward off the frame.

i did that but the only way it comes off is if i push the sear release lever down, shouldnt it go down when i dry fire it with out the clip???

·
Registered
141 Posts
i did that but the only way it comes off is if i push the sear release lever down, shouldnt it go down when i dry fire it with out the clip???

No, the sear lever only moves when you manually apply force to it. Push it down to remove the slide without having to pull the trigger. When you insert a mag, it will push the lever back up into its normal position.

Since you have a mag safety equipped model, you will always have to use the sear leaver to remove the slide.

Those of us that have models without the mag disconnect safety can either pull the trigger or use the sear leaver to remove the slide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, the sear lever only moves when you manually apply force to it. Push it down to remove the slide without having to pull the trigger. When you insert a mag, it will push the lever back up into its normal position.

Since you have a mag safety equipped model, you will always have to use the sear leaver to remove the slide.

Those of us that have models without the mag disconnect safety can either pull the trigger or use the sear leaver to remove the slide.

But it wont work if i try to pull the trigger, it used to do it i do believe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no it does not say that thank y'all for helping! it was he"s first time dissembling the gun and since my sd40ve and m&p .40 sheild does fire without it he thought he"s did to

1 - 14 of 14 Posts