MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a G19, as they're on sale here at the gunshow (but add around $50 to have it with the stock Glock Night sights). However, the HS2000 was priced similarly too. Thought the glock reliability would be a plus for use in production, but some say the HS handles better.

What would you prefer from these 2 options only, and why?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The HS2000 would be pretty old. I guess that doesn't mean it won't be reliable, but I'd rather purchase a newer pistol. YMMV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Save your money, the HS2000 had taken the back seat to the HK P30. She is selling

like hotcakes as we speak. As for the glock 19, whatever, if you like, you like.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
AHSIG said:
Save your money, the HS2000 had taken the back seat to the HK P30.
Maybe you're thinking of the HK P2000. The P2000 is not the same pistol as a HS2000. The HS2000 is the original XD before Springfield stuck their name on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes the HK p2000 was the one I thought was taking the back seat to the P30.

My falt, till this day I still get those two pistols mixed up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's been around six or seven years since SA started marketing the XD hasn't it? The HS is a bit

bigger than the G19, so if you are going to carry it concealed that might be a consideration. I

personally like the G19 more than the HS, but you should be able to go to a range that rents

guns and try both. You are more likely to find the HS under the SA XD name when you

go to the range. They both work the same so it shouldn't be an issue. They are both very

popular rental guns so it shouldn't be hard to find either gun.

·
Registered
190 Posts
G 19 for reliability and parts/accessories readily available. Do research on parts/accessories for the other gun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Grip angle should be the deciding factor for Glock vs XD. If you have fired a Glock before you should know what I mean.

Another factor that there is a great deal more aftermarket acceories/upgrade availible for the Glock. Springfield will not sell certain XD parts to the public, they make you send the gun to them.

I have a G19 and love it but I am not a Glockaholic.

Gringop

·
Registered
280 Posts
Glocks seem to require larger hands to grip, for a comparable pistol. Take the XD45 vs the Glock 45 (full size, which model # is it again? 22?). The reach to the trigger is noticeably longer in the Glock.

XDs are good pistols, as are Glocks. Just go with what you're more comfortable with. Really, you can't go wrong if you like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts