MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i want to say hi to all as this is my first post here. I bought a m&p 9mm about 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it do death. Now for my decision part. i have a mini-14 that i kinda like but would like to get ride of it. i was looking at an AR-15 but decided that can wait, i want another handgun now. I found a gun who wants my mini and is giving me a really nice price for it. he has 3 guns that i cant decide on.

1. M&P 40

2. glock 17 9mm

3. glock 22 40

as for price wise, the glock 22 is the cheapest deal followed by the 17(ill have to talk him into letting either go for the same) and the M&P i haven't asked him about yet but i assume it will be more from what i see.

as i said before i really love the m&p 9mm and thought i want a 40(and of course WILL have a 45 m&p) ive never had a glock before so i thought i would give that a try but i have also never shot one(held one many times) i havent really had a chance to shoot a 40 in either gun as well. tell me which one you would buy and why. for those of you who have shot all four guns which did you like best and why? which glock of the two did you like better? which of the m&ps did you like better?as for what i use it for, 99% target, the rest for just in case. i know 9mm is cheaper than 40 but that really doesnt matter to me.

please any opinions, thoughts, or suggestions are welcome thanks for your time and keep rocking the m&p!!!

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Personally the ergonomics are terrible on Glocks, that's one of the reasons the XD took off so well, it has much better ergonomics than the Glock, and now the M&P series comes along and blows all the rest out of the water.

Go with the full size M&P in your choice of caliber, you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a bunch for the two replys, i think its all i needed to push me back on the M&P 40. Plus my M&P 9 is lonely and needs a friend!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just thought of a question that i had too. i plan on, in the near future to buy an AR-15. when that time comes, one of my M&Ps might have to go(assuming that i will be getting the M&P 40 talked about in the beginning of this post) how easy are the M&Ps to get rid of in terms of trading them in compared to a glock? do they hold there value well compared to a glock? this is all just thinking now, when the time comes i might just keep the 40 but any opinions you guys have, please inform me. thanks for your time

·
Registered
269 Posts
thought of getting the 9mm compact? If you carry that might be a good idea, then you can stick with 9mm ammo as well

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
G56 said:
Personally the ergonomics are terrible on Glocks, that's one of the reasons the XD took off so well, it has much better ergonomics than the Glock, and now the M&P series comes along and blows all the rest out of the water.

Go with the full size M&P in your choice of caliber, you won't be disappointed!

I agree, but the question is to you what is the make, model and age of your old mini-14 and what is the guy offering you besides an awesome M&P?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the mini(the ranch style, stainless steel matte finish) is only 2 years old about 800 rounds through it, not a mark on it, two 30 round mags plus factory 5 rounder, cheap sling, and after market pistol grip stock. hes offering to give me 400 for it and as of now i dont know what hes asking for the M&P 40 yet, but i dont think i would mind adding 100 to the mini for it. the thing is where i live, in iowa, NO ONE wants a mini-14, ive tried before to sell/trade it with people offering only 300. its a good gun, but for a .223 i would rather have an AR-15. that brings me to my next idea. if i do get the 40, ill have an M&P in both 40 and 9(which is not a problem at all, i still want the 45 to) but when it comes time to get an AR, one of them will have to go, maybe what thats what im thinking.

anyways, do you think my mini plus 100 is a good deal for a NIB 40 M&P(considering i cant get rid of my mini around here)?

thanks alot for the input so far and keep it coming!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts