MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was picking up my brass when at the range and i noticed that some of the primers the holes appear to be elongated.. not your typical primar indention.. looks like there is a tail off the bottom of the primer hole. It looks like the barrell is unlocking and the shell casing is being ejected before the firing pin has fully retracted back. it looks like the casing is being drug across the firing pin.. is this something i need to address with smith or is this normal. All the help you can give is greatly appreciated seeing as i only have about 500 rounds through the pistol.

i have typically been shooting blazer brass and brazer aluminum and winchester white box and have noticed it with all 3.

heres some pics of it..

·
Registered
512 Posts
Completely normal, all 1.5k rounds I have put through my MP9 have the same mark on the primers with no problems.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looked at the firing pin hole in the slide and it looks similar to the shape of the indention on the primers, however the shape of the hole in the slide is recessed into the slide. The shape of the hole in the primers is also recessed. The firing pin looks to be round. Im no expert but it looks to me that the case is ejecting before the firing pin has fully retracted into its firing pin hole. Was kinda hoping that some of the gun smiths on the site would chime in with their opinions and help us all out with this issue :?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same Here

I happened to have some casings from my MP9 so I took a look at em. I have exactly the same thing going on in mine. I have had zero ftf's, fte's, or other type of malfunction with about 500 rounds put through it. In short, I wouldnt worry about it. As long as the weapon is cycling and firing as advertised there isnt a problem.

I should add that these are just 6 out of 100 that my son picked up at the range. Most of the others are like this as well.

-J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts