MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for an accurate recipe for my M&P. Any help would be appriecated. So far I have tried 115 berrys over 4.7 Win 231 win primers. The M&P hates it!!! My glock 34 loves it!! I have also tried 115 berrys over 5.0 universial handgun. The M&P hates it!! I also have tried 124 berrys over 4.2 universal handgun. The m&p hates it!! I normally carry 115 to 124 grain and try to load close to factory specs. I shoot IDPA so I like to keep everything a little hot to make sure it will run and also to meet powerfactor. I can switch over to factory ammo and the M&P shoots tight groups. I also know it is not my reloads, because my Glocks don't have any problems with them. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Berry's are pretty good, but if they don't work in your pistol...you might try a different weight in Berry's or try a different brand.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
124 Berry's RNDS, 4.9gr. Vihta Vuori N340, Winchester Small Standard Primer. Crimped to straighten out flare not enough to deform the bullet. 1.142 OAL.

Chrono indicates 1070 avg velocity at 7000ft. altitude, 60 Deg. F.

This load works quite well in my M&P9. Yields close to clover leaf groups at 15 yds. I have used approx 1500 of this load with excellent results.

Also tried 4.7gr. and 5.1gr. VV N340. 4.9 yielded best accuracy.

VV N320 did not perform as well either.

4.9gr. is mid range per VV chart (4.7-5.1).

I tried Berry Hollow Points but could not find a load that didn't tumble so don't use them.

Winchester 231 did not perform very well for me in 9MM.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts