MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I regularly clean my mp40 and enjoy a complete disassembly. I can not get past the removal of the take down lever pin. The rotating pin that you rotate down 90 degrees to field strip the firearm. It won't come out. I have watched many videos of the disassembly and everyone seems to be able to remove it fully without any problems. It is held in pace by a small spring. I have to remove the drop lever pin in order to take a part and clean the trigger assembly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The spring is also there to keep pressure on the lever and hold it in either the up or down position as well as retaining it. To remove the lever, after removing the slide you rotate the lever back up and then just a little above horizontal. Then pull it out. You may have to wiggle it a little as it comes out. It does have to depress the spring a little but there is also a tab on the lever that has to line up to remove it. This is not the best video i have seen but if you look about 1:20 in you can see what I am talking about:

The video is actually for a Shield but the take down lever comes out the same way. Hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts