MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:arrow: Today I was talking with the sheriff in my school

And I decide to ask him what he thinks about S&W M&P and he told me that is a crapy pistol and is not good and allot of Crap about the gun he said that the gun have allot problems and buying one is going to be a waste of money .

And now What I do ?

sometimes I meet him and we talk about Guns and etc And I can see that he Is a GLOCK Lover

you guys think is because of that ?

Please give me an answer i am sooo confused !

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, like in sporting events and teams. However, with all the information you have read and heard people have talked how great the M&P is, why would one individual cast doubt in your mind as to the reliability of the M&P. Again, it his opinion, so you and only you can make the choice. If you didnt admire the M&P, you wouldn't be here in this forum.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man thanks For The Support

I love The MP the first Time I saw and holded I knew that gun was for me !!

YOu are righ every one have their own opinions

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Well my young friend. He seems to be a Glock lover and alot of them are not as open minded as some. Alot of people think the M&P is a knock off of the Glock, wich is far from that. They think since the Sigma law suite hit all S&W products will be the same......WRONG!!!!!! He will change his mind sooner or later they all come around....lol I have owned the 1st generation Sigma and had zero problems with it, liked it to be honest. And I love Glocks too. So I guess I will leave it at this, if you are haviong doubts due to another mans opinion you should take more in your decision to make you own decision out of it! Have your old man or whoever take you out and fire one.

Its good you posted this, but opinions vary from one man to another, this is jjust mine.......Buy the M&P all of the issues have been worked out since it hit the market!

PS Go to Smith-Wesson.com go to the M&P link, watch the video. You will fall in love with it just as all of us did on this site.

Good luck from an M&P DIE HARD

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys For The Help !

The M&P is in My mind
! I allready decide I am Going to Buy !!!!!! Or I mean My Mom is Going to Buy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finalfusion

Yes she Is

she loves to go with me in THE rANGE , but she hates to shoot because one time

I gave her my 38 SPL revolver for her to try in the range and she just gave one shoot
she got scared of the Recoil

·
Registered
471 Posts
No way am I going to knock the Glock!! It has been around way too long and proven itself over and over. It is a great gun!

That said, the M&P compact fits my hand so much better than my Glock G27 did and I shoot it better!! I am keeping a very open mind, but it seems that I am reading more all of the time about Glock guys that just try out a M&P just to see what it is like and all of a sudden, they are investing in a new M&P. We are not going to see a mass exodus from Glock to M&P, but the M&P is a very nice gun.

brazilianboy, the Sheriff that you spoke with is entitled to his own opinion, but IMHO, he is just plain wrong!!

Ron

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Here is the deal.

I talked to a sheriff here, and this guy said the same thing, but was also buying an MP15 although I told him he could save 300$ and get a stag.

BTW I know the range that these guys qual at, and lets just say that I'd love to get in a gunfight against these guys none can shoot worth a crap.

Although they are cops, but that don't mean that they know guns, most are arrogant dickheads that think they know it all cause they are cops.

BTW no insult to the nice cops out there, just the dickhead ones

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have over 1500 rounds through my MP9 full size and no problems. It's accurate, and feels great to shoot. ::shrug:: The only initial problem I had was the front sight was loose in the dovetail, so inspect that before buying.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jester said:
Here is the deal.

I talked to a sheriff here, and this guy said the same thing, but was also buying an MP15 although I told him he could save 300$ and get a stag.

BTW I know the range that these guys qual at, and lets just say that I'd love to get in a gunfight against these guys none can shoot worth a crap.

Although they are cops, but that don't mean that they know guns, most are arrogant dickheads that think they know it all cause they are cops.

No worrys mate,26 years on the road ,theres a TON !! of dickheads who also cant shoot!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jester said:
That's too funny
There are always some bad ones in the bunch.

About the M&P...

I have 1160 rounds through my M&P40, without a single failure due to the gun. I had one bad round that blew its casing apart. ...and that's another testament to the gun. No people were hurt and the gun went on shooting, after clearing the broken casing. Even without cleaning or lubing, I shot 700 rounds without any failures.

The M&P is a solid machine, and one that was made to fit the user's hand well. If it fits yours, I don't see much reason to keep shopping. Just my lowly opinion
Best of luck, brazilianboy!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Jester said:
Here is the deal.

Priceless....LMFAO

·
Registered
73 Posts
LOL. I'm in my "In Service" training as a State LEO, and I can tell you, I know **** about guns(plus I don't plan to be one of the "dickheads" LOL). And here at the academy, all the firearm instructors who actually know guns, all have given high praise the the M&P. One instructor here, is actually a nationally known instructor, told me he worked for S&W for about a year and a half and had imput on the design of the M&P. He assured me that it is an excellent choice to go with. Plus, it has a life time warrantee...can't go wrong with that.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think that once you get your M&P and have shot it enough to become familiar with it, you should invite your sheriff friend to go to the range with you. Then let him shoot it and see if he has the same opinion.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This has already been covered in this thread, but just to reinforce - having a badge does NOT equate into knowing diddly about firearms. What I really want to comment on is how absolutely ridiculous and hilarious it is to me when people get emotionally attached to tools. Whether it's Glock v. M&P v. 1911 or Ford V. Chevy, people lose their ever-lovin' pea-pickin' little minds over a friggin' TOOL! Sure enough, some tools are better than others, but to get angry because someone else like a different tool has to be some kind of sign of emotional insecurity or worse.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts