MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am not sure how many of you are into knives, but it seems like a lot of times, if someone likes guns, they like knives also.

A couple nights back I was given this knife as a gift. Unfortunately, it is not one that can be carried, but it is one awesome knife. I am really happy with this gift!!

I hope that you enjoy the pics.

Ron

·
Registered
191 Posts
Alsome knife I am just wondering why you said that you can not carry it?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This knife is a full auto. It is basically like a switchblade. When you push that silver button, she pops open

Ron

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
A lot of gun guys like knives also, I like them but don't have many, but I do have a few!

Here's an interesting one I have had for a very long time, a Puma Bowie, I bought mine sometime in the 1960's, as I recall I paid $18 for it new.

http://www.pumaknives.com/?n=store&b=3...;pl=68&p=14

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought 'switchblades' were illegal and that the knife manufacturers just get creative with their 'assisted opening' mechanisms to get around that???

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Krautwagen said:
I thought 'switchblades' were illegal and that the knife manufacturers just get creative with their 'assisted opening' mechanisms to get around that???
They are not illegal everywhere. Just in some states.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It is just in your area that you can not carry because I know that our gun shops have them for sale and you can also get some just like that but differnt kind in our Wal Marts around this area..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like knives to. Here is a knife I made earlier this year. It is made from 440C Stainless, the handle is a macarda I made. It is not the best, but I think it is pretty cool. I worked the finish on the blade with sand paper, starting with 40 grit working down to 2000, taking all the grind and sand paper markes out.

And the crankbaits in the back I made and painted as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i thought that illegal switchblades were the ones that have a blade that comes straight out of the handle, not ones that swung open

·
Registered
498 Posts
Both possession and carry of switchblades (assisted open) in Tennessee is completely illegal even as a curio collector. I used to have a nice collection of about 6 switchblades when I lived in florida, had to leave them with friends when I moved to Tennessee. I also hear I'm not allowed to use my nunchukas for self defense either.

http://www.amatecon.com/switchblade.html

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice pics, I did not know that about Tennessee because I go to Memphis all the time and I carry my S&W or I carry a kershaw as. opening knife when I go there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Auto open & switchblade knives are also illegal in National Parks. I did take my manual Benchmade into the Arch in St. Louis. Talked to a couple park rangers who ok'd it, and actually took me thru security to make sure they didn't hassle me.

State to state laws are very different. Most places switchblades are illegal - and that comes straight up outta handle. States seem to be moving to also make illegal full-auto opening knives, though spring assist still seems to be ok.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The pistol is gone, the mag pouch is long gone, and the knife I never carry anymore for fear of ruining it: Microtech LCC DA Damascus limited edition.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I saw your thread over on defensivecarry, and was going to post, but didn't cause I've been drinking.
Anyhoo, I have that exact model Benchmade. I found it, brand new, along with a new Gerber multi-tool, and another knife, in the cargo compartment of one of our C-17's a few months ago. We had flown into Ramstein with a bunch of Army guys and I guess one of them had left it underneath their seat. It's an awesome knife to say the least. I'm not sure of the model Benchmade that the AF issues us but they're larger with a tanto(or whatever) shaped blade, also "auto".

Dude named Steve on defensivecarry posted that he's always wanted one of those Benchmade's, and since he's done some really nice leather holster work for me, and seeing as how I didn't exactly pay for the knife, I'm thinking of giving him a late Christmas gift when I get back to the states.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Damascus style steel and worksmanship is always a great thing to admire. Especialy a damascus 1911 :wink:

ToddG said:
The pistol is gone, the mag pouch is long gone, and the knife I never carry anymore for fear of ruining it: Microtech LCC DA Damascus limited edition.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts