MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just refinished the frame of my SW1911 in dark earth.

Slide still has a lot of holster wear. I dry fire too much.

Not sure if I should do the slide in the same color, or keep it two tone.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Very nice SW1911 Mike!!! I personally like the the two tone, but an all DE 1911 looks pretty damn sexy too. Plus you have your tac grips that are black that will break the DE up a little. Either way you go brother, awesome 1911 :wink:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, ff!

I need to coat the trigger in black, too. That and the grip screws are bugging me. And the extractor will go either black if the slide goes DE, or DE if the slide stays black.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Dont forget the hammer :wink:
, your welcome brother. I have always been a sucker for a nice 1911. Now I just have to save my ass off for an original!!!!

mike cyrwus said:
thanks, ff!

I need to coat the trigger in black, too. That and the grip screws are bugging me. And the extractor will go either black if the slide goes DE, or DE if the slide stays black.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Beautiful job...I like the two-tone. Now I'm going to show my wife and cry like a little girl.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just show your wife the $5000 race gun that you've always wanted. Prod her, keep bringing it up, make her look at it and possibly even appreciate its beauty and functionality.

Then 6 months later, decide that you want a $1500 custom piece instead. She'll see the prudence in purchasing something far less expensive, and will be far more likely to agree to this

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I've always liked the two tone effect on automatic pistols, just something neat about it. A number of years ago I was looking for a small auto in 9mm for concealed carry, I went into one of the local gunshops one day and saw a S&W 908 in two tone, it had a aluminum frame in silver with a flat black slide, I had to have it!

Personally I like the grip screws as shown in the photo, it's almost like a little bit of bling on the dark pistol!

·
Registered
434 Posts
mike cyrwus said:
I just refinished the frame of my SW1911 in dark earth.

Slide still has a lot of holster wear. I dry fire too much.

Not sure if I should do the slide in the same color, or keep it two tone.

mike is this the one with the rollmarks that look like butt? you got it right this time. nice flavor :wink:

·
Registered
237 Posts
SSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two tone looks awesome, grips also!!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow, guys; thanks for the compliments!

Its gunkote, over stainless steel. If it were carbon steel, Id parkerize it first.

dd45, the process is pretty in-depth; Brownells has some good info on their website for this kind of stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts