MP-Pistol Forum banner

Hi from NC

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CLB 
#1 ·
New here.

Great site with lots of good info!

I posted about my first M&P buy and it did not appear--It was a long post too!

I bought my first new pistol--an MP40 full isze and had mag drop issues 2nd day

Took it to the shop & they said they would send it back for me.

i am bummed and concerned. It is a SN MPM67XX.

I figured it would not be an issues any more. yes--I checked my grip adn ammo was good.

One day after my purchase, it is on its way to S&W for 3 weeks or so

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the site... Sorry for the bad news, but you will have a fine weapon when it returns.

#5 ·
Welcome from AZ. Sorry to hear about the mag drop issue!
Seems to be pretty common. I switched my mag release to the right side so I drop it with my index, havent had a problem since!!! Might not have been a greatr move, but it works for me....lol

Hope your next report is a good one!!!

#6 ·
Welcome.

I feel your pain. Had to send mine back for mag release. Took them a week to send me a return label. The day I finally sent out my M&P, my new Milt Sparks VM2 came after I sent out my M&P. I got my M&P back yesterday. 11 days from when they got it to when I got it.

#10 ·
Well, today is exactly 3 weeks since I bought my new M&P40. I sent S&W an email asking how it was going. I got a response saying it shoudl be done in a few days :?

I had it in my hands less than 24hrs. Getting close to 1 month later... :roll:

I feel like a fat kid that got his cake taken away after one taste of the icing...

#13 ·
Got my pistol back--finally. They put a new mag catch on (#1). We'll see how it does tomorrow.

I did not have it long enough to know if it is any different feeling. I guess I should post this elsewhere in this site now for others info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.