MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people. Just joined today cuz I'm in the market of possibly getting a M&P 9mm in full size. I was just curious if anybody knows what prefix of the serial number number of the most recent batch.

I've read that the earlier models had some lemons in them. I just want to steer away from that batch if possible.

Once again I'm looking foward to getting some first hand experience from actual owners of the M&P 9mm. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site... I have an MPA17** and mine has well over 1200 rounds through it with no problems at all. there were some minor hiccups which I believe have worked themselves out.. If not s&w customer service is top notch if you have any problems they will fix it immediatly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one's I've seen on auction have MPE and MPL. I wonder if these come from a good batch.

What serial prefix do you guys suggest? I'm looking for one manufactured maybe a couple months ago. Probably no earlier than July or August.

·
Registered
936 Posts
those prefixes are late enough.

get one!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Gday, welcome. 8) Mine will have mag dis cause the law says it will. I personally think it's a good thing

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think you will see that the no mag safety/yes mag safety debate has many good points on both sides. Basically its personal preference.

As to the key lock-- I dont see the need YMMV

·
Registered
673 Posts
JoeM&P said:
I think you will see that the no mag safety/yes mag safety debate has many good points on both sides. Basically its personal preference.

Right about that one
Been done to death here :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts