MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard news on them? I actually saw a link to buy them a couple of months ago... but it was only on the website for a couple of days before they disappeared.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bowie Tactical said:
Just to keep your mouth watering I can tell you they exist and are being tested to make sure all is well.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

I shed a tear reading that... thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
roughly when will they be coming out. im thinking of a m&p45, but i want more than the 10 round mag. i keep reading of a 14 round coming.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi-Cap M&P 45 Mags

So, does anyone know if they will stick out below the butt of the gun considerably, or are they making room within the same size 10-round mag for the hi-cap 14-round mag?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will just about guarantee that they will stick out, probably about an inch. That is unless they use one of those crappy rolled-up springs like the old "Jam-Line" mags.
I had an 18 round Beretta 92 mag that was the same size as a 15-rounder. It worked--occasionally.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The new 14 rounder will have to be longer in overall length. Just think about how you can barely squeeze 10 rounds in a standard MP45 mag, how in the world could you get 14 in there ??? :roll:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Triggerman66 said:
The new 14 rounder will have to be longer in overall length. Just think about how you can barely squeeze 10 rounds in a standard MP45 mag, how in the world could you get 14 in there ??? :roll:

The Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro is a 45 acp that is a sub-compact and is 45 acp and the magazine holds 10 rounds without the mag sticking way below the grip. I would think that S&W could have squeezed 12 rounds into the same mag, with some modifications, without having to go to the length of mag that the 14-round will need to be.

I will stay happy with the 10-round M&P 45 acp mags.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think the only way they could've gotten more than 10 would be to make the grip thicker, but that would have had a negative impact on the M&P45's excellent ergonomics.

If you look closely at the standard 10-rd M&P45 mag, you will see that it is not a true "double stack", nor is it a "single stack". It is somewhere in between. ("stack-and-a-half"?)

If S&W had simply gone with a normal double-stack, staggered configuration, then the M&P45's grip would be just as fat, just as boxy, just as non-ergonomic as all the other hi-cap polymer 45's: Glock 21, HK USP, SA XD, etc. (And I presume the Taurus.)

I don't know about you, but to me, the S&W M&P45's ergonomics is the best thing about the pistol!

·
Registered
113 Posts
bam-bam said:
I think the only way they could've gotten more than 10 would be to make the grip thicker, but that would have had a negative impact on the M&P45's excellent ergonomics.

If you look closely at the standard 10-rd M&P45 mag, you will see that it is not a true "double stack", nor is it a "single stack". It is somewhere in between. ("stack-and-a-half"?)

If S&W had simply gone with a normal double-stack, staggered configuration, then the M&P45's grip would be just as fat, just as boxy, just as non-ergonomic as all the other hi-cap polymer 45's: Glock 21, HK USP, SA XD, etc. (And I presume the Taurus.)

I don't know about you, but to me, the S&W M&P45's ergonomics is the best thing about the pistol!

Yes, you are correct. The Taurus is not as ergonomic as the M&P grip. I am happy with the 10-round mags for my M&P 45. I will live with that, and simply buy another mag!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts