MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, put the Fibers sight on the 9mm and now i'm about 2-3" high at 20 yds.. benched it on saturday, right to left surprisngly i think is pretty close,really depends on how much finger i put on the trigger..

Thats with WWB 115grn bullets.. anyone think a heavy 147 gr will lower it ? gonna be reloads to make close to the 130 pf..

If not, how the heck do i fix it ? shim the back sight ? lol.. it's a speed shooter stock sight..

I figured i'd be ok to 25 yds, couldn't go that far where i shot at.. and inside of 20 i could keep everything in a IDPA 0 down circle.. so .. any thoughts on how to fix ?.

Jeff.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Man, I would pay extra to be that high at 20 yds!!

That would solve my problems at Standards!!

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
To lower the point of impact go to LIGHTER bullets, lighter bullets will impact lower on the target than heavier bullets, sometimes a lot lower!

Back when I was a Deputy Sheriff we carried 357 revolvers, the hot cartridge became the 125 gr JHP, the lighter 125 gr bullet had a much better percentage of stopping the bad guys than the traditional 158 gr JHP. The 158 gr bullets were perfect for the sights, when I got the 125 gr bullets the impact was so low the sights didn't have enough adjustment built in to compensate for it. With all the elevation correction dialed into the sights it still shot about 6" low at 25 yards, so the only choice was to keep in mind to aim high if I got into a SHTF situation. After I got out of law enforcement I went back to 158 gr bullets and readjusted the sights for that load.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, that's not a good thing.. hmm... may have to order a higher site for the front.. crap.. $$ down the tubes.

Jeff.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mousekiller said:
Dang, that's not a good thing.. hmm... may have to order a higher site for the front.. crap.. $$ down the tubes.

Jeff.

Which Fiber Optic Fronts did you buy??

E-mail me, I might take them off your hands!!

Y

1 - 5 of 5 Posts