MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a paddle holster that will put the gun up high for concealment purposes. In the winter the Desanti holster i got from S&W is fine cause i always have a long jacket on. But come the ummer i will ear a long short sleeved shirt. I was looking at buying the Galco miami classic rig as it seemed it would suite my needs the best, but i hav heard that a shoulder holster is uncomfortable and restrictive. Not sure my friend used a cheap one and had a bad experience or what, but now after talking to him i figured a paddle that rides high on my belt would be the best idea.

Any input Appreciated.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Any particular reason for the Paddle design vs a Pancake or IWB? I have tried the paddle a couple of times, not the Comp-Tac, but Galco and have found them difficult to conceal especially in the summer when light clothing is a must.

As far as the Miami Classic goes; shoulder holsters are an aquired taste so to speak. Never could make the Miami Classic work with light covering garments. People kept asking me when I broke my collar bones. The straps printing looked like the bracing you get when you break a collar bone. I have, however, heard very good reviews about Lou Allesi's Bodyguard series, but youll have a long wait and good price to pay.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much bigger do you have to go on pant size for the CTAC as i am going to order one of them, and a blade-tech revolution with the paddle attachment just incase i pick up some extra work where i have to wear a sport coat.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just ordered the blade tech revolution and the paddle attachment so i can wear it when i go formal
and i ordered a CTAC so next week i should know if i need new jeans
Thanks to all who gave input it was much appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just received today the FBI Paddle from Comp-Tac. Great turn-around time on the order. It is a terrific OWB holster. Very secure, and fits my M&Pc 40 perfectly. This will be my OWB of choice, but I have a Canute IWB on order from Nate at UBG Holsters, and anticipate that that will be my EDC. IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Comp-Tac if it otherwise fits your needs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LegalRaptor said:
I just received today the FBI Paddle from Comp-Tac. Great turn-around time on the order. It is a terrific OWB holster. Very secure, and fits my M&Pc 40 perfectly. This will be my OWB of choice, but I have a Canute IWB on order from Nate at UBG Holsters, and anticipate that that will be my EDC. IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Comp-Tac if it otherwise fits your needs.

From what i have read and seen in pictures the comp tac should do it as far as concealment
Especially up here in the land of hot or cold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts