MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!! trying to find some cheap decent reusable earplugs for indoors.. so far i found 28db but heard others mention 33db...

would these be good or? not looking to spend much on muffs and such as i won't be shooting as much as most of you

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=275668

They have more expensive ones but they are less db.

·
Registered
373 Posts
For indoor and outdoor shooting when I can, I use plugs AND muffs. I think lots of people do. Some years ago, I read an article that explained that part (60% may be right, but maybe not) of the vibration from gunfire sounds is carried to your inner ear through the hard bones around your ear, and it can still lead to cumulative damage-hearing loss. Muffs better protect you from that damage and in-ear plugs can't. I know some guys that didn't take care of their hearing (shotguns outdoors hunting for years) and now at 50 or a bit over, wear hearng aids and have tinnitus. Scared me! You can get some decent 28-30 db models for less than $30, or the same thing except marked as industrial use rather than for shooters at the Home Depot or Lowes. They are rated the same but cost a bit less. They may be red instead of black with a picture of some shooting logo on the side but who cares. Cheap hearing protection/eye protection is like a cheap parachute, how much is it worth to be able to hear your grandkids laugh some day? Please keep in mind my standard disclaimer...MY opinion only, and worth every penny you paid for it until you are satisfied with it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm...well i have extremly good hearing and would like to keep it that way lol...so foam plugs and muffs? i would need 2 sets as i wanna bring my girl shooting!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been ROing a lot lately, and the comped guns get real loud after a while. I wear these, and a set of cheap foam plugs when I'm ROing. Otherwise, I just wear the muffs. I paid under 40 bucks for the muffs when I bought them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts