MP-Pistol Forum banner

Highnoon holsters f/compact. Is there something better?

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  mikenkansas 
#1 ·
I have been looking at the Split Decision from Highnoon holsters for my 40c. It's a pretty good price and seems to be very well made. I like the 15 deg. cant, but I would like to hear anyone's opinion on this holster. I am also looking to buy the one Mag holster. Total for both is roughly $70. Is this a good buy or not. :?

#2 ·
I use the Split Decision for a full size M&P .40. It's a great holster, well made for the price. The only problem with it though is that it is a "collapsible" holster and will require you to use two hands to holster your weapon. I like the holster but I have to look for one that is crush resistant for one handed holstering. I'm sure most guys will agree that you want to keep your eyes on your target at all times rather than fumbling with your holster.

#3 ·
hi..I had a Split Descision for my Glock 23 and liked it..I now have the "Hidden Alley" for my M&P compact 9mm...and I really like it..the cant didn't matter much for me..but as stated they do collapse and you have to use 2 hands for reholstering,that also doesnt matter a whole lot for me also for A IWB holster...but they are great holsters for the money.The Hidden Alley is the best IWB that I have tried so far...hope this helps

#4 ·
High Noon Holsters

I have a High Noon hidden ally for the M&P .40. It also works with my M&P .40C. The hidden ally is a very good tuckable holster. It does have one disadvantage. It does not have any leather between the slide serrations and your skin (if you don't wear an undershirt). This tends to irritate my skin, although it is tolerable. If I was ordering a stock holster again, I would have purchased the High Noon split decision which has the 15 degree forward cant. This is also personal preference.

I have just ordered the closing argument tuckable from High Noon in horse hide. This has the slide guard to cover the serrations as well as the 15 degree cant. The drawback is it is a custom holster so it is more expensive and takes 12-15 weeks to come in.

I also just got in a High Noon pocket holster for the M&P .40c called the pocket grabber. I love this holster and may just carry my .40c in the pocket most of the time.

I also own a Tucker Answer holster for the .40 full size. It is a good holster, but I prefer the High Noon Holsters as they are much easier to take on and off. I may sell the Tucker Answer if I find a buyer.

#5 ·
I just recieved mine yesterday, IWB Bare Asset and a Skin Tite. I did some stretching as per the instructions. Seems real good to me. I especially like the IWB, its comfortable and holds good. I'm happy with the purchase. My son-in-law will probably order some for his guns

#6 ·
Ricks2524 said:
I just recieved mine yesterday, IWB Bare Asset and a Skin Tite. I did some stretching as per the instructions. Seems real good to me. I especially like the IWB, its comfortable and holds good. I'm happy with the purchase. My son-in-law will probably order some for his guns

Post up some pics of those.. I am looking at them but not sure of the quality of the pleater... I have a custom Leather one from them (Slide Guard Lined) for my CZ RAMI but had to wait 15 weeks to get it.

Hub

#15 ·
Very nice, thanks for the pics...

#20 ·
High Noon Holsters

Hi Fellows, I thought I had made up my mind on a High Noon, "sky High" OWB for my M&P 9c and I think it will take my M&P40 full size as well.

I haven't made up my mind yet on the IWB yet (Might be the M&P's are too large for an IWB for my satisfaction and I'll go with one for my little Bersa .380). Just not sure yet?????
However, before I spend my money I thought I would ask you guy's for your thoughts on the two threads on Comp-Tac holsters, my thread on "cc carry" and kydex vs leather holsters in general.

I'm not wanting to start a war, but have a good positive dialog on the subject. We're a bunch of lucky guy's here on these fouums for we have an abundance of subject matter experts (SME's) with plenty of first hand knowledge and experience to help each other out with sticky questions like these.

So....for me and the countless other thousands reading these threads lets do LEATHER VS KYDEX HOLSTERS. :?:

Thanks,

Jim

#21 ·
Jim, I'll throw this in the mix to mess you up even more. :wink: A kydex holster for your M&P will be different than a kydex holster for your Bersa. Because of the aluminum frame on the Bersa you can't have as much "click" with the kydex Bersa holster. This will change the feel of it when reholstering. That may or may not matter to you. I personally like a lot of click and on the infrequent occasions that I carry my Bersa, it's always a little odd feeling when I holster it in my CTAC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.