MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to FINALLY shoot an M&P yesterday. The trigger took a little getting used to, but I shot the gun well.

The problem was that all casings hit U in the face. Someone I was shooting with got hit in the face everytime, and 2 casings went behind her protective glasses.

I used CCI Blazer instead of magtech when I shot - and with the lighter aluminum case, I at least only got hit in the jaw everytime.

She was done after 10 shots of that, and I only put 1 mag thru it myself.

Is this a common issue with this gun?

(This was a fullsize 9mm version)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine never does that, probably just the Blazer. I haven't shot any Blazer in mine yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Possible solution

A possible cause of this is limp-wristing the gun (not meant to be a put down, just a common cause of what you are describing). Take it back to the range and take a firm, auto pistol grip (thumbs straight out and both palms pressing the grips) on the gun. I would bet cases will not hit you in the face anymore. The traditional revolver hold will almost always cause limp wristing on an auto.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That's crazy, were you shooting gangsta style?

Just kidding, I have never had that issue, but I simply can't believe it was due to a certain type of ammo.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
LMAO..........

Shipwreck I have the full size MP9 never had this issue at all! Hope it all gets worked out..........

Morgan Walker said:
That's crazy, were you shooting gangsta style?

Just kidding, I have never had that issue, but I simply can't believe it was due to a certain type of ammo.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My wife was getting hit in the face with every shot. I would take the gun and they would all go out the side. I dropped her recoil spring down some and then every 3rd one would hit her in the face. so I bumped the load up some. Now she is good to go.

So I guess I am saying it is a combination of grip, spring, and ammo.

Blame it on which ever one you chose. :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had that problem with my 9mm compact and the the CCI. The aluminum cases all land on my head. I've never had a problem with anything that's brass cassed.

I've shot:

CCI Aluminum

CCI Blaser Brass

WWB

Magtech

Fiocchi

Speer Lawman

Remington UMC

And and Assortment of premium defense loads.

FWIW. I've had multiple other shooters try it with the CCI aluminum with the same results.

I doubt that it's a grip issue.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gotm4 said:
Mine never does that, probably just the Blazer. I haven't shot any Blazer in mine yet.

Actually, I originally mentioned it did it first with Magtech, and ALSO with the Blazer I brought with me. And, as to limp wristing, I have been shooting a long time. I didn't limp wrist it.

I mentioned it to the range master when we turned the rented M&P back in, and he said it is doing that for everyone.

I do not know if I read it here or on another forum - but I know I have seen many people complain about this with the M&P over the past few months.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a full size MP9 woth just over 1K rounds through her, but never had one hit me. They all land in a very nice pile off to the side and behind me. Makes for easy clean up and brass recovery. Have you checked to see if your extractor can actually pivot about its axis. Maybe you have some crap stuck in there from either the finishing op or assembly that is interfering with the extractor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ShipWreck said:
[quote name='gotm4']Mine never does that, probably just the Blazer. I haven't shot any Blazer in mine yet.

Actually, I originally mentioned it did it first with Magtech, and ALSO with the Blazer I brought with me. And, as to limp wristing, I have been shooting a long time. I didn't limp wrist it.

I mentioned it to the range master when we turned the rented M&P back in, and he said it is doing that for everyone.

I do not know if I read it here or on another forum - but I know I have seen many people complain about this with the M&P over the past few months.[/quote]

Ahh, I didn't realizeit was a rental. If it was happening with magtech also, my bet is that the recoil spring needs to be replaced.

With my Sigs, right around 4k-7k rounds I start getting hit in the head and face with brass. All i need to do is replace the springs and it's like new.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
not me

I have put apprx. 750 through my m&p and My head is cute as always

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it was a rental - but it is a new gun. Not very many rounds thru it. They had 9, 40 and 45. I only rented the 9, as I was showing someone how to shoot for the first time, and she was trying to pick a gun to buy.

She prefered my P99 A/S the best out of the M&P, my HK USPc and my P99 A/S. She shot a lot better with the P99, even out to 7 yards.

So, she stated she would be ordering a P99 this week.

I was gonna have her rent an XD, but when I heard the range FINALLY got some M&Ps after over a year of talk, I thought we would try that.

After she shot the P99 last, she didn't want to rent anything else. She was satisfied.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I posted the same exact problem in this section of the forum.. right next to this as a matter of fact.

I've also shot MANY thousands of rounds thru many guns... limp wristing and weak ammo aren't what's happening here. To prove it I loaded 10 hot rounds with PowerPistol and same thing.... with a killer grip.

Mine has been getting slightly better... so I'll give it a little more before sending it back. My Sig 228 did a similar thing when new... although hot ammo would be fine and eventually it worked with all ammo- no problems now.

Sooo... I'm not so sure what could be causing it... maybe the extractor is not fitted right. I don't think it's the recoil spring because when I rack the slide as fast as I can it still doesn't flip the rounds out like it should.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That is really weird...

·
Registered
231 Posts
finalfusion said:
LMAO..........

Shipwreck I have the full size MP9 never had this issue at all! Hope it all gets worked out..........

[quote name='Morgan Walker']That's crazy, were you shooting gangsta style?

[/quote]

hehe homeboy nite sites!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts