MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have the HiViz fiber optic front sight? I've got a 45 coming and plan on installing a Hi-Viz on it .....Old eyes ya' know! My Kimber Eclipse is getting one put on it now. Makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just got a green one on my full-size 9. The color wasn't my first choice, but I bought it as a set with a warren rear from the classifieds here. It's a significant improvement over stock. I think you'll be pleased.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't mean to divert, but what would be the major differences between the existing FO's(speedshooterspecialties, Dawson, and HiViz)? I'm not sure which would be better to get. Also, how long normally do the FO's brightness last, before needing replacement?

·
Registered
495 Posts
The biggest diference is the HiViz are built to used on a duty/serious use gun. The FO is encased in a polymer shell to protect it from breaking.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I went w/ Dawson's front post and really like it. After 3,000 + rds, I still have the original (red) FO in there and think light transmission is as good as day one.

-B

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks guys. So both HiViz and Dawsons would be fine.

Have any of you heard of any case with either of these 2 where the FO rod would 'fly off' after shooting? A friend said his friend's FO rod (didn't mentioned what kind) flew off after firing, since the rod was just being held in 2 spots (front and back), which is why he was suggesting to check out the TruGlo (TFO). I checked from TruGlo however but they don't carry one for the M&P.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts