MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying the HiViz or the fiber optics (red) site listed in the M&P store for my new M&P 9C.

Has anyone installed this front site on their H&P compact? If so was it difficult to install, and did it help with front site acquisition?

Do you need anything but a nylon punch to remove the factory site?

I appreciate any points of view or advice with this front site. I guess my 53 year old eyes just aint what they use to be.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I like the HiViz front sight.

You will need a vise and probably a steel punch to get the factory front out. They are usually very tight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried to install a hiviz on a full size 9MM and did not read all the threads. It is purposely a little over sized. I wrecked the sight. You will need to file the bottom and dovetail sides to get it to go. I filed to much on the second one and had to blue locktite it. It works fine now and I must say, in the daylight, you pick it up much faster than factory.

You will need a brass (not nylon) punch to get the old sight out. Oh yeah, a vise with pads or put some wood between the slide and the metal jaws.

Go slow and have fun. It was not nearly as difficult as the XD sights (almost broke a hammer on those) and needed to dremmel the darn front out anyway (after I broke it in half with a 1/2" brass punch).

PM me if you run into problems.

PS- DO nothing to the slide, only file on the new front hiviz sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts