MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running this combination. I see both are for sale at the M&P store and was wondering if they will work together and not materially impact the POA/POI of the stock sights.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Both are made to work with the stock sights, and are interchangeable.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jester,

Sent you an IM.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'll let you know how they work when I get the ones I ordered.

I would think the HiViz front sight should be in my mail box today.

I just ordered the Warren rear sight last night....how long before that ships out, Jester?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Right now I'm waiting on a package with the hi-viz in them from my dist.

If you ordered before my supply ran out, it shipped today, if you ordered after, then it will problably go out monday.

PM me with your name and I'll tell you where you stand.

·
Registered
96 Posts
PM'd you Jester

Received the HiViz front today. I like it much better than the Speed Shooters FO sight that it replaced on my M&P40. I like the larger dot and the less snag prone shape of the HiViz vs. the SS sight.

This should work very well for my carry/home defense/practice M&P.

KO

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here is the combo installed. I really like the sight picture with this combination. I have not yet had to the opportunity to see if there was any elevation change in the POI.

KO

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ko41,

Did you install the sights yourself?

I received mine and trying to find a local smith who can do the work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
moshooter said:
Is anyone running this combination. I see both are for sale at the M&P store and was wondering if they will work together and not materially impact the POA/POI of the stock sights.

Thanks,

Paul

Point of impact stayed the same. I just ran a mag full of WW 165gr through the pistol from 15 yards with the new sights and it was right on POA = POI.

KO

·
Registered
96 Posts
moshooter said:
ko41,

Did you install the sights yourself?

I received mine and trying to find a local smith who can do the work.

Yes, I did. It is easy enough to do if you have a vise, hammer, nylon or brass drift and you might need a file to do any final fitting of the front sight.

My rear sight slipped right in and the front was good and snug like the factory sight was.

KO

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was going to purchase the Warren Rear/Factory Night Front in the near future, but after these pics I'm now leaning toward a HiViz front.

ko41 any specific reasons you went with the HiViz front versus a factory front night sight?

Very Nice!

·
Registered
96 Posts
IAShooter said:
I was going to purchase the Warren Rear/Factory Night Front in the near future, but after these pics I'm now leaning toward a HiViz front.

ko41 any specific reasons you went with the HiViz front versus a factory front night sight?

Very Nice!

I was more interested in seeing the sight in daylight to somewhat subdued lighting more so than

the dim to dark lighting conditions that the night sight is better suited for.

The fuzzy sight picture in my post above is the same fuzzy sight picture I see nowadays, so that

big bright green dot is easy to see and easy to put between the fuzzy black bracket of the rear sight.

KO

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Follow-Up to Original Post

I had a local dealer install this combo. My setup is identical to the pictures shown above. The front sight went in with some considerable effort using a Meprolight sight pusher tool that looks like a multi-vice. The rear came out and the Warren sight went in without any effort what so ever. I will sight the gun in tomorrow at the range and put some locktite on the screw when I am done.

I figure the best way is to put some tape on the slide in front of the rear sight and put a mark when I have determined dead center. Anyone have any other ideas on a better approach? Am I over thinking this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Follow-Up to Original Post

moshooter said:
I figure the best way is to put some tape on the slide in front of the rear sight and put a mark when I have determined dead center. Anyone have any other ideas on a better approach? Am I over thinking this?

That's the way I did it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KO,

I sighted my pistol in last night and noticed upon greater inspection that the Warren rear sight has next to no tension on it in the dovetail with the screw loosened. Was this the same with yours. I shot about 100 rounds and determined what I think is dead center and put some blue locktite on the threads to secure it. Hopefully this will do the trick. If it comes loose I will try red locktite.

I also noticed there is a gap between the bottom of the HiViz front sight and the top of the slide when installed. This is evident both in the dovetail and the portion in which the optic is located. After looking at your pictures, it appears you may have this as well?

As this if the first I have seen of this I am curious if anyone thinks this will be problematic for any reason other than cleaning.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
The warren is designed like that, and I reccomend that you put red locktite between the slide and the sight.

I think Hiviz are typical for having a gap also, not much, but some. It should be fine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts