MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Depends on whether you want to carry C&L or not. The USP has a safety, the P2K does not. Both are available in DA/SA and LEM, the P2K is slightly easier to conceal and has interchangeable backstraps. Both are great guns. Durable and reliable. I still have my USP but I sold my P2K, which was my carry gun, in favor of a M&P.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What do U want to do with it?

The Fullsize USP and the P2000 are two different animals. For a range gun, the USP would be better - as the barrel is longer and it is a fullsize gun. If U want to carry the gun, then its a decicion between the P2000 and the USP COMPACT.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
ShipWreck said:
If U want to carry the gun, then its a decicion between the P2000 and the USP COMPACT.
Not necessarily. I used to carry my fullsize USP without a problem with just a T-shirt as a cover garment. But yes the P2K and USPc are that much easier, with the edge going to the P2K.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, for me, that's too big to carry something like that w/o 2 shirts or a jacket - and I think for the avg person, it is probably the same.

Beretta 92, USP, FN Five Seven... All tougher to conceal than something smaller.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

How about in terms of fit to hand/grip, trigger, blue finish, and other aspects one would be preferred over the other, aside from appearance (w/c I prefer the P2k over the USP)?

·
Registered
378 Posts
The P2000 is more ergonomic than the fullsize USP. The compact USP has a smaller grip - but the P2000 might be slightly more ergonomic 1 handed - 2 handed, the USPc is just fine - like any other gun I think.

I like the thumb safety on the USP - in the end, it will probably come down to that. If U want that or not...

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
sherpa said:
Thanks guys.

How about in terms of fit to hand/grip, trigger, blue finish, and other aspects one would be preferred over the other, aside from appearance (w/c I prefer the P2k over the USP)?
The interchangeable backstraps of the P2K make it better for most. HK's HE finish is as good as you'll ever need. They are not known to have great triggers, but the P2K is regarded to have the better trigger of the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts