MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a M&P Shield 2.0 9mm. No lights or lasers, no thumb safety.

Had been carrying Browning 1911-380 (think 85% size of .45 ACP 1911) in IWB hybrid holster (Kydex formed to my pistol with leather against me).

Thinking of getting Kydex only hostler made for the Shield 2.0 9mm. Will always have a tee shirt between me and holster, but still IWB. For those that use Kydex only holster what are your experiences?

I should think a hybrid Kydex/leather custom for the Shield 2.0 9mm should be fine and no worries not having a safety. Your experiences?

Thanks,
Tim.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a very nice kydex IWB holster made by Concealment Express. Great fit and quality, very comfortable. I have 2 Shields, one with the built in laser. I have one of these holsters for both of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve IWB & OWB holsters from Bravo Concealment. Very satisfied and great customer service. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a DeSantis Slim Tuk with a Shield 1.0 very low profile and very adjustable. You do need to file a bit off the clip if you carry left handed or it hits the magazine release.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Crossbreed Mini Tuck

I carry both my Shields in CB Mini Tucks.
I second the Mini Tuck recommendation. There is a break-in period, the leather backing molds itself to your body. After it molds itself to your body, it is a custom fit and very comfortable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your input. After talking to others and people at my LGS I ordered a Vedder mini-tuck, an all Kydex holster. Should be here next week. Will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for all your input. After talking to others and people at my LGS I ordered a Vedder mini-tuck, an all Kydex holster. Should be here next week. Will let you know how it goes.
That is what I use now and I am very happy with it, I also purchased the Vedder comfortTuck another nice holster. and no I do not have any connection with Vedder other than a happy customer lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will second the Vedder choices. I have had several Light Tucks and now (hot weather) using the Rapid Tuck Hybrid. Good, comfortable holsters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've carried just a few days now, the Vedder mini-tuck is hard for me to get on and off, I'm not use to one clip in the center. But once on the Vedder appears to disappear. I have the "claw" too which pushes the butt of the gun into me so printing is even less now. I will say now I am happy with it. As for getting it on and off, I doubt I will ever be in a tense situation to do either! :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Your experiences?
For 40 years I’ve used thumb break leather holsters. A few years ago, I decided to give Kydex a try. I had to leave it in the car, and it melted. (Duhhh…Thermoplastic :laughing:) but the MFG replaced it. That was nice of them.

I went back to leather and never looked back. Kydex is LOUD, ugly, rough on gun finishes, rarely secure, and will melt….but it’s cheap, so there’s that. :stuart:

I just picked up another Desantis Thumb Break Scabbard for my new Compact 2.0. (Have the same for my Shield):cool:

And that is my experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts