MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Does anyone own a Wilderness Instructors Belt and will the 5 stitch model be suffice for IWB and OWB carry? Or should I upgrade to the Heavy Duty polymer-lined C.S.M model?

TY!

·
Registered
209 Posts
It depends on what and how much you are going to carry. I have the 5 stitch and it is more than enough for my M&P9 w/ Comp-Tac CTAC and a magazine holder w/ mag. If you are going to carry a full size, all metal gun and several mag, a flashlight, etc, then I would go with the CSM. The 5 stitch is quite stiff though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been wearing a Wilderness Tactical 1.5" five stitch instructor belt as my IWB belt for almost eight years now (not the same actual belt of course). I also use these belts in the many traning classes I attend.

The only time I find the 5 stitch belt to be less than stiff enough is when I wear a Safariland 6004 drop leg tac holster weighted down with a Glock 21 that has a SF X200 light attached. With this set up, the 5 stitch belt can bend over a little. But it is not bad enough that I would bother to purchase another belt.

The bottom line is that the 5 stitch 1.5" belt (without the polymer lining) will handle 99.9% of your applications.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks utarch00 and 5shot for your input. It sounds like the 5 stitch will do the job since all I will be carrying is a holstered gun and mag pouch.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am also among those who wear a 1.5-inch five-stitch (have it on right now, in fact) and I have always found it perfectly adequate for carrying a full-size handgun and double mag pouch.

Cheers,

Whisper

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the 1.75 inch model with the polymer insert and find that it is great as a competition rig, but way too stiff for daily wear. I cannot comment directly on the 1.5 inch model, but the polymer insert lends a lot of rigidity, which may not be necessary for general use.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I read somewhere, either on a forum or on the Wilderness site itself that the version with the insert is recommended for big ol' boys (like me). The 1.75" is too wide, though so I got the 1.5" with insert now and it has been working fine. CTAC holsters and mag pouches lock on and stay there.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I dont know how much that belt runs for but i use my Army everyday belt with a OWB it is 1 3/4 inch and it has velcro for quick release I love it and that costs like 22.00 bucks look at any army surplus online and I am sure youll find it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts