MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone, I have a perplexing question. I've been looking for a holster that will except my M & P 40c. Where I'm haveing issues is the Streamlight TLR-1s on the rail. I also have a Laser on the handle, but that dosent seem to be a big concern. I have basically two options.
1) Get a TLR-3 and still have Raven make the Holster.
2) Go somewhere else. And keep my TLR-1s on the gun.
I really like the light that I have on there. However I hear great things about Raven. I want a IWB Holster. What is everyone's advice? Maybe you will see option #3 or #4?

Thank you so much,
dbshu1234

·
Registered
155 Posts
I carry my 40c in a Foxx hybrid. I bet be can custom make the kydex to fit around the light

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked Raven and they don't make a holster for the TLR-1s. They said that the TLR-1s isn't made for the M & P. I would have to get the TLR-3. And I guess that is what I may just end up doing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I asked Raven and they don't make a holster for the TLR-1s. They said that the TLR-1s isn't made for the M & P. I would have to get the TLR-3. And I guess that is what I may just end up doing.
I wonder why that is... they do state specifically that the TLR-3 is the only light they make holsters for if you have a M&P compact.

That said, the TLR-1 series might be pretty huge on a compact frame... even the small TLR-3 sticks out about an inch from the front of the pistol.

I run a TLR-3 on both my full-size and my compact M&P9... I have no complaints. The TLR-1s's live on my AR and shotgun. :D

PS, I should add, I do have a Raven holster for my M&P9c with the TLR-3 and it works fine. With the right accessories, you can customize the setup to however you want to wear it (OWB/IWB/AIWB/whatever)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
An M&P40c with a TLR-1s? Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Edit: never mind I found one... :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I should have mentioned to the OP... if you are running a M&P compact with a TLR-1 series light, you could "kludge" it by just getting something like the holster from Raven for a full-size with the TLR-1. The retention on Raven's design is mostly the light on the light-compatible holsters, so you could just get a full-size holster for your light-equipped pistol.

The geometry of the trigger guard relative to the light is identical as well, which is the other part of the Raven retention scheme, iirc.

Before I got a dedicated holster for my M&P9c with TLR-3, I used it with a full-size holster (same light) no problem.

YMMV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts