MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a holster for the glock 21 work for both mp 9mm and mp 45acp? I am thinking about a fobus. Or something like that. No thumb strap and probably a paddle.

thanks

wendelin

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
It will work for the regular M&P 9 or 40, my understanding is that the 45 has a different slide and a slightly longer barrel so will require a different holster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just picked up an M&P .45 last week. I haven't started holster shopping yet, but there appears to be enough of a difference to warrant a holster made for this gun.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Maybe I can post a picture tomorrow to illustrate. I have been carrying a 9mm in a VM2 designed for a Glock 21. It fits pretty well. The only little fly in the ointment is that the rear sweat sheild or shirt guard, whatever you want to call it, is not cut exactly right for the M&P. It is cut in such a way as it slightly hinders your grip and draw because it sticks out a bit right were your hand should fall. The little extra length of the .45 slide keeps the butt of the gun just a little higher in the holster and the guard lines up perfectly with the back of the M&P.

At the TDI class I attended a couple of weeks ago 3 or the instructors were carrying M&Ps of both sizes and were swaping around holsters. The .45 is not that much bigger, actually is just a little longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts