MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like to get your thoughts on some holster recommendations for CCW with my M&P9c. I was highly considering ordering a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster, my friend just got his and it's very nice. But it'll take probably a month or more to get in. Or if you have other recommendations for a "waiting period" holster let me know.

Otherwise I'd like to get something cheap to use in the meantime that I wouldn't have to wait on other than shipping. Not really sure what to go for. If I'm going to order a good IWB I could even get a decent OWB holster to last me until then. But one that would still conceal fairly well if possible, and I'd prefer one that you do not have to put a belt through for easy attachment and removal. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you buy a BladeTech IWB for your S&W M&PCompact, beware that the edge of the holster may bump the mag release button. I modified my mag catch after I discovered the pistol was dropping the mags in the IWB, especially when seated in the truck. No more mag drop in holster but the jury's still out as far as the catch goes. BladeTech IWB is kydex, great quality, price and TAT.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a crossbreed and believe me it is worth the wait. I bought the deluxe after i bought a CTAC that lasted me less than a week. In my experience it just would not work for me and it was very uncomfortable. I sent it back and replaced it with a super tuck deluxe and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Crossbreed

Wait on the Crossbreed. It'd definatly worth it. Been wearing my 9c daily in mine and still can't believe the comfort and quality. Mark Craighead is a super guy! I called and asked about clips for an 1 3/4" belt, and he sent them to me right away. Can't wait to get one for my 1911 now

·
Registered
93 Posts
phantom45 said:
Like to get your thoughts on some holster recommendations for CCW with my M&P9c. I was highly considering ordering a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster, my friend just got his and it's very nice. But it'll take probably a month or more to get in. Or if you have other recommendations for a "waiting period" holster let me know.

Otherwise I'd like to get something cheap to use in the meantime that I wouldn't have to wait on other than shipping. Not really sure what to go for. If I'm going to order a good IWB I could even get a decent OWB holster to last me until then. But one that would still conceal fairly well if possible, and I'd prefer one that you do not have to put a belt through for easy attachment and removal. Let me know what you think!

Supertuck is the bomb! Just got mine last Friday and wore it all day today. Very comfortable. I received it in about 3 weeks. I have to say my CTAC was not real comfortable for my 40C though I do like it for my G26 "lighter the better for the CTAC, YMMV". Anyway the Supertuck is worth the relatively speaking wait!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have two holsters for my M&P40c, I like them both and recommend either one. The first is a Desantis Speed Scabbard w/o thumbbreak. It is a well made leather owb that is very comfortable and very secure. The other holster that I just got a little over a week ago is a C.T.A.C. by C-Tac. It is my first kydex holster. It is an iwb that I bought for summer carry though it seems confortable enough to wear anytime. I've been wearing it everyday since I got it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Phantom and Hondaman, you guys won't be disappointed! I can't wait until you guys get them in and hear what you have to say! Almost forgot that I'm wearing mine now

·
Registered
84 Posts
BonoVox, glad to hear that you are happy too! I am in no way affiliated with crossbreed (just so everyone knows). But I did talk with Mr. Craighead and asked him if he would mind me touting his product on this board. He said sure, I think he only has 2 or 3 people full time, but said he would add more if needed. Job creation maybe? lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
How do these holsters work? I looked at their site but can't get a real good idea on them. Do they go inside the pants, tuckable, etc? Once I get my CWP I'm interested in something like this. I bought an inexpensive holster for storing in the car that tucks inside the pants but doesn't seem to be real comfortable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any more suggestions for OWB?

I would prefer a OWB holster, has anyone tried the Crossbreed OWB holster. Not much of a selection from Crossbreed, but every place I have gone recommends them highly for IWB.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Try the Bianchi 82 carry lock for Glock 21 or 26(I think). The 21 one fits nice and the gun doesn't hang out of the bottom. (about an inch of "dead leather").

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going to use the Blade Tech holster that came with my M&P 9 "Carry Kit" for a while. In a month or so I'll have to call Tim at Southern Holsters and have him order the dummy gun that he needs to make me a holster for the M&P. He ordered the dummy gun and made an IWB holster for my PPK/S and I love it. If anyone here wants a quality hand made holster without spending $100+, I highly reccomend Southern Holsters.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Any ore suggestions for OWB?

Smokey_1987 said:
I would prefer a OWB holster, has anyone tried the Crossbreed OWB holster. Not much of a selection from Crossbreed, but every place I have gone recommends them highly for IWB.

I haven't received it yet, but I ordered the owb (Ranger) I believe they call it from crossbreed...

I too prefer owb holsters...

We'll see how it works...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use a center of mass (COM) kydex inside the waist holster for my newly aquired M&P 40c. It doubles as a holster for my full size 40 as well. They are thin, durable and hold the pistol securely. The price is reasonable as well. Good quality stuff.

For on the waist, I use the blackhawk serpa lock holster.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I can't say enough good things about the Mtac for my 9c. Just a great, comfortable and well-built holster. Highly recommend it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts