MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been meaning to post a review of a new holster I got a couple weeks ago and I've been happy with. The holster is called the EDC2 and is from Sentinel Concealment Gear out of NC.

The holster was $55, which is an excellent price and is offered for most of the poplar CCWs out there.

I purchased this holster in black and got it in about a week or so after ordering. The holster is very minimal in design and comfortable to carry all day. I carry right at 4:30 with a forward cant.

The EDC2 has two soft loops which are some sort of laminate webbing with pull the dot snaps. The snaps were a pain at first, but broke in nicely and now opening and closing is a breeze. SCG included a sheet with instructions on how to properly break these in which was a nice touch.

The belt loops can be moved up or down on either side, so you can set the cant and height as desired. I set my holster up for a high ride height with as much cant as possible. The fit is VERY tight to the torso. The gun literally just disappears under a fitted t-shirt. This is largely due to the strap configuration. The "wing" on the support side is curved in nicely so that when its fed on a belt, it pulls the grip nice and snug to your torso.

Fit and finish are great. The edges are all smooth and the lines are clean. Nothing dug into to me, and I was able to work on the house without any discomfort.

My only complaint was that it was a little difficult at first to re-holster, it took some practice but I think I got it down. The sweat guard is the same height on each side, which I do like though. In a way in just forces you to practice and re-holster carefully, which is a good thing.

The EDC2 feels very tough and like it will last a good long while. I think it came with a lifetime warranty which is also reassuring.

He mentioned coming out with a version that used polymer clips instead of soft loops, and some accessories that bolt to the support side wing.

Great holster, price, and value. This is my second holster from Sentinel Gear and definitely recommend them.

SENTINEL GEAR - High Quality Kydex Concealment Holsters

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well done. There are so many options out there now a days

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to add - its also very easy to get a full grip on the gun during the draw. The area around the trigger guard has been clearanced nicely (but still totally closed so no debris can make it in.) Some thought clearly went into the design of this holster.

The draw is very fast and easy. Much better than fishing a tiny gun out of a belly band!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like that the sweat guard comes up to the same height on both sides. I'm not a big fan of a full length sweat guard (my IWB holster for my EDC M&P doesn't even have a sweat guard) so this looks promising. I haven't picked up a holster for my Shield yet but this looks to be a definite possibility. May just pick one up. Thanks for the review.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts