MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any info on who is or who will be making Holsters for the 45?? I hope to have one this week and I think my leather holster for my 40 will work. I am thinking the Blade Tech won't.

I do hope Blade Tech has one out soon. Love mine for the 40.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got a email from Blade Tech. They hope to take orders in about four weeks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have made a few .45 M&P holsters so far and I have orders for about 10 more.

So it looks like the M&P .45 will be fairly popular.

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
I picked up an M&P 45 today and as it appears similar in size to my M&P 40, decided to try it in the Blackhawk CQC I use. It fits very well. The irony here, of course, is that this holster was originally designed and marketed for the Glock 21. You might want to consider the Blackhawk. YMMV.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I bought my M&P40 I got a Safailand 518-383(Glock 20,21)paddle holster on ebay. My 40 didn't fit to well in it, a bit loose up by the snap and too long. I dug it out today and my 45 fits perfectly in it!!! Lots of room on the sides for the safety levers. Going to convert in to a belt holster now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you look at the specs, you will find that the .45 and the .40 is exactly the same size. I sent a note to Smith & Wesson asking about holster fit. They said they are indeed the same size and the holsters will interchange.

I have a Tucker on order and the are making it on the .40 last. It should be here around the middle of next month and then I will know for sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
45guy said:
If you look at the specs, you will find that the .45 and the .40 is exactly the same size. I sent a note to Smith & Wesson asking about holster fit. They said they are indeed the same size and the holsters will interchange.

I have a Tucker on order and the are making it on the .40 last. It should be here around the middle of next month and then I will know for sure.

????

The 45 slide and barrel are half an inch longer than the 40/9mm slide and barrel.

Pretty much any holster that fits the Glock 21 will fit the M&P 45.

·
Registered
415 Posts

I have both and they are not the same size at all

Mike

·
Registered
298 Posts
45guy said:

The Tucker "The Answer" IWB holster made specifically for the M&P9/40 works well for the M&P45 also. My 45 WILL NOT fit in any of my other M&P40 holsters (Safariland models 6280 & model 6351) due to the extended length of the slide. Many holsters for the M&P9/40 that have open muzzle ends will work with the 45, but not always!!! The Blackhawk CQC Serpa for the Glock 21 also works well for the M&P45 as well as the 9/40 versions.

Here is a pic of my M&P45 in my Tucker "The Answer" that I had made for my M&P40:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blade Tech Update

Called Blade Tech today. They have the 45 now and are working om a mold for it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Fits my DeSantis for a .40 like a glove. Fits my Andrews IWB also. 8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked up the Comp-Tac CTAC slide holster for the M&P and it fits relatively well, except that the front slide serrations rub the sides of the inside of the holster. I think that the front area of the slide will wear a bit faster in this holster.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's not only the front serrations themselves, but if you look at the slide from the top, you'll notice that the slide gets thicker where the serrations are. I see rub marks from the holster in this area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Josh, had any time with the SERPA holster yet? Been thinking about getting one, so any feedback is appreciated.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts