MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a holster for my M&P40. I've read that some holsters made for certain Glocks are a perfect fit. Most sites don't list the MP weapons as a holster choice (because it is a newer gun). Can someone tell me with experience if I can order any holster made for another gun and it should most likely fit? I might buy a belt slide holster so I can wear the full size and compact (as I plan to get one).

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Holsters That Fit

The Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster is listed for the M&P. I bought one at Gander Mountain, yesterday and it fits well and full protects the trigger guard, a must for the striker type pistol. Another good one, and one I use for CCW is the De Santis "Tuck This". It is more traditional, fits well, and comfortable to wear.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just made one. Going to post some pics in the gallery.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for OWB holster. I don't plan to conceal carry the full size. If I get compact, then I might carry it. Mainly, something to wear when shooting or so.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have the blade tech ultimate concealement holster for the fullsize and the compact fits nicely. albeit i am carrying a little extra kydex but i may do a little trimming

·
Registered
157 Posts
Comp-Tac

Galco Side Snap (for a Glock17/22)

Safariland

Blade tech Revolution

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
tl511 said:
Looking for OWB holster. I don't plan to conceal carry the full size. If I get compact, then I might carry it. Mainly, something to wear when shooting or so.

I would suggest either the Kytac OWB or Comptac OWB.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Between the Blade-Tech & the Comp-Tac (M&P9)... which has the least amount of retention? I need something to use with my 1 1/2" CR Speed belt for competition.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should be able to adjust the tension on either one by loosening the screws. I use the Blade-Tech Revolution for IDPA/USPSA.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
DeSantis through S & W.

I just bought this DeSantis Speed Scabbard through the S & W site. I bought it for my MP 9c but was pleasantly suprised that it fit my full sized 40 caliber pretty well also. You can order one for the full sized in black or tan with or without thumb break. I really like the MP logo stamped into it. After tax, and shipping charges I think I paid around $75.00.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's beginning to be quite a few holster options available for the M&P series pistols. I'm trying to find one that I like for my fullsize .40 right now. I prefer IWB carry, and I know that there are some quality offerings out there. I'm just taking my time and shopping around. The only reason I haven't ordered a CTAC is because I'm very skeptical about the all-day comfort of a Kydex holster for IWB carry. I'm a fan of leather.

On a side note... That holster posted in the pictures above that the Texas man ordered from S&W is quite nice looking. I went to S&W's website right after seeing it. But, they listed no holsters for the M&P series when I looked. Again... Very nice looking holster buddy!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts