MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding out that there isnt many holsters out yet for the 9c, it there any other H/G type that might be compatible with the 9c?

Thanks

Bri

·
Registered
11 Posts

I picked up a nice Kramer horsehide OWB for my M&P40c. Kinda pricy at $108.00 but I had heard pretty good reports on the holster. I is very stiff at the beginning but it is getting better with each draw and it is holding it's retention. The price is higher because horsehide isn't used nearly as much as cowhide. I think it's worth the extra bucks.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The are tons if you look at the sticky under accessories. I have a Comp-Tac Minotaur set aside for when I pick up my 9c in 11 days. I've played around with it using my M&P45 and it's both fast and comfortable for an IWB. Delivery times are about a week.

I've also got a Kytac on order based on his reputation. Just be aware that delivery times are stretching out past 8 weeks plus.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I have Comp-Tac's CTACs, FBI Paddles, and belt holsters. I love them. Kytac is good too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Love my CTAC MTAC... and I'm not even a big kydex fan. But it sure is a nice holster.

K&D also makes a really nice holster. As does Milt Sparks. I had a MS VMII for a different gun, and I loved that holster.

Expensive though... and the wait can be a bit long.

·
Registered
475 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='Slick26']Love my CTAC MTAC...
MTAC = holster

CTAC = holster

Comp-Tac = Manufacturer[/quote]

Yeah yeah yeah.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Want a holster for the 9c? Try ubgholsters. For custom leather his turnaround time is outstanding. Products are well priced, and holsters are great quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the deal, I'll be getting my CCW in a few days (I hope) and I need a holster now. Is there any leather OWB that I can get retail, like Galco? I see that Galco doesnt make a holster for the 9c yet, would any other Galco holster fit the 9c?

Bri

·
Registered
176 Posts
First off, see as how you're in "Minnesota," make sure you check out mnguntalk.com as well as twincitiescarry.com for Minnesota related carry issues. A group of us from mnguntalk is meeting this Thursday for lunch in downtown Minneapolis if you will happen to be in the area.

Second, as for a holster, you'll be happier later if you take your time now to order something decent. Otherwise, your first, impulse buy holster may end up in a drawer, money down the drain. Locally in the Twin Cities you can get your hands on a good selection of holsters at Bills North and South and Streichers to start. Streichers may have a bianchi paddlelok or carrylok in stock for example, and would probably even have a 9c that they would let you try in holsters to check the fit even though the holster may not be specifically made for the 9c. Streichers probably has advice on what LEOs are buying to carry 9c's in as well (assuming any of their LEO customers are doing that). Would be worth checking it out if for no other reason than to let you fondle some holsters to figure out what you really want to start with. Finally, but definitely not least, there are guys local to the Twin Cities that build some nice leather holsters. Check out a guy named Srigs for example. His site is: http://www.sideguardholsters.com/index.htm . He's on MPforum as well from time to time. His prices are very good as is his quality.

·
Registered
380 Posts
BFIBri said:
Here is the deal, I'll be getting my CCW in a few days (I hope) and I need a holster now. Is there any leather OWB that I can get retail, like Galco? I see that Galco doesnt make a holster for the 9c yet, would any other Galco holster fit the 9c?

Bri

smith-wesson.com has a nice Desantis holster for the compact. i originally bought that one, until i decided to go IWB... and bought a MTAC.

Actually, i still shove my 40 full into that Desantis... it's a good holster. (better for the 9c or 40c, though)

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...0&training=

·
Registered
28 Posts
Srigs does make great holsters. There are a few of us in the Twin Cities that get together and make our own, we had a holster making session last night and srigs gave me great advice on the IWB I am making for my 9c. Do visit his website and see what he can set you up with.

·
Registered
280 Posts
jaystekan said:
Want a holster for the 9c? Try ubgholsters. For custom leather his turnaround time is outstanding. Products are well priced, and holsters are great quality.

Looks like a "Canute" ? I have that holster in black for my 9c. Nate @ UBG Holsters does great work!

·
Registered
13 Posts
onebohemian said:
Check out a guy named Srigs for example. His site is: http://www.sideguardholsters.com/index.htm . He's on MPforum as well from time to time. His prices are very good as is his quality.

+1 on Srigs.

I had him make me a holster for my S&W snub nose and I couldn't be happier. He did a really nice job, good turnaround time, priced right and easy to do business with.

Off Topic: There is also a local smith that does a really nice trigger job on M&P's. I was going to try

the do it yourself method, but decided to give him a try and it turned out really nice. Let

let me know if your interested and I will give you his contact info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
K&D HOLSTERS out of Plant City, FL handmade mine for my M&P40c. $65.00 holster $25.00 for the shark add onto it. The Laredo Defender IWB/OWB. If you place an order it will take time, but the

the man does great work. I have a holster on the way for my SIG 229, with GATOR and a gun belt. For around $155.00.... I am a repeat customer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mr.F-Bomb,

Roger That!

"smith-wesson.com has a nice Desantis holster for the compact. i originally bought that one, until i decided to go IWB... and bought a MTAC."

"Actually, i still shove my 40 full into that Desantis... it's a good holster. (better for the 9c or 40c, though)"

My Desantis is the Speed Scabbard bought originally for my Sig 229. Luckily it fits nicely for my M&P.40c, for stealth my MTAC is veryyy niiiice.

T-Out

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome to the forum BFIBri!

I carry my MP40c in a Double Clip or The Slide most of the time depending on what I'm wearing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts