MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, but wanted to let you all know that the Don Hume H721 for the XD Compact fits quite well. Any body know any other options for carry?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
419 Posts
Full size holsters will work.

Otherwise Comptac is making holsters for the compact. Slide holsters such as the Crossbreed or Tucker Answer will work for both as well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have purchased a Don Hume JIT owb holster for my M&P compact , it was intended for the full size S&W Sigma , it fits great.Now I'm on the hunt for a IWB.

·
Registered
21 Posts
+1 on the Comp tacs.... The C-T.A.C. model is perfect. I dont have experience on the M&P line...But have nothing but love for the ones for Glocks. Like Matt7184 said.... call them. They will help you out for sure. Even if they didnt have exactly what you want...they are willing to make something special for a little higher price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Comp-Tac paddles look like what I'd want but, being a newbie, I'm wondering what keeps the pistol in the holster, the trigger guard cutout? What keeps the trigger guard cutout from risking AD?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The Comp-Tac holsters are form fitted to the gun. They have adjustable tension and it feels like the pistol snaps into place when you slide it in. Once tension is adjusted properly it will slide out like butter but you can shake it upside down without it falling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got off the phone with one of the dealers inmy area and he was walking around with the 9c and trying different holsters while I talked to him.

He said that the Galco Yaqui holster for a Glock 21 fits great as does the Galco Concealable for the Glock 30. These two holsters are $50+ but I know Galco makes great holsters. Just thought I would let you all know...I am going to go up the store and check it out for myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blackhawk hoster

I have the full size 40 and have been getting holsters for the G-20/21 from Blackhawk. The CQC line with the serpa retention is excellent. I just got the carbon fiber model and think it looks pretty slick. The draw and re-holster is quick and easy to learn. LA police gear (www.LAPolicegear.com) has the best selection that I have found and great service. The holster is about 1/2" longer than the muzzle but otherwise the fit is perfect.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the Don Hume JIT slide holster that works well, but the best one so far is the Galco Jak slide.The compact fits so good in it and with it fitting between your pants and your belt its as close to a IWB holster as you can get.The gun rides very close to your body..until a holster is made for the compact specific,this is it!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I use the High Noon Split Decision IWB holster. I wanted to try a cheap holster before I make my decision. I carry a full size M&P .40 and it feels comfortable, I can only imagine what a compact would feel like. I only weigh 135lbs and I hardly notice that I'm carrying.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What is the application for your HIGH NOON holster or is there a listing for the M&P...I had a High Noon for my Glock 23 and it was a nice holster....but my compact M&P did not fit ....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts