MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bagged an M&Pc 40 for 4 bills even online. Even with the shipping and transfer fee, that's way lower than my local shop wants. My wife is going to saute and simmer my a--. Quick! What do I tell her?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kraigster414 said:
I just bagged an M&Pc 40 for 4 bills even online. Even with the shipping and transfer fee, that's way lower than my local shop wants. My wife is going to saute and simmer my a--. Quick! What do I tell her?

"Honey, I just saved us a bunch of money!!!"

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nice score Kraigster!!!

Tell the wife..............hmmmmmmmmmm What would I tell mine??? I dont think I would tell her.....lmao

Thats what the gun safe is for.....lol

Congrats buddy

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No doubt I'll be singing a few octaves higher after this. I bet I can try out for the Vienna Boys Choir. What the h--l, I didn't need "them" anyway.

kraigster414, the proud owner of a M&Pc 9 and a soon-to-be M&Pc 40

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
LMAO

Kraigster414 said:
No doubt I'll be singing a few octaves higher after this. I bet I can try out for the Vienna Boys Choir. What the h--l, I didn't need "them" anyway.

kraigster414, the proud owner of a M&Pc 9 and a soon-to-be M&Pc 40

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Mr. K,

I had a buddy that always had to make sure his guns were black. His wife could only tell the difference between the black and silver ones so he just kept buying Black ones then he could always tell her "naw this is the same one I've always had".

You should be able to pull that off with the 40c and 9c. :wink:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan Burwell said:
Mr. K,

I had a buddy that always had to make sure his guns were black. His wife could only tell the difference between the black and silver ones so he just kept buying Black ones then he could always tell her "naw this is the same one I've always had".

Dan, I've been using that strategy for a while now (like 25 years) but I sense she is getting wise to it.

I guess I'll be due for another outstanding Burwell trigger job soon enough. Hey Dan by the way, are your sharkskin grips interchangeable between the 9 and 40 compact? Don't tell me I have to order another one of those too now! Folks, buy stock in Burwell Gunsmithing.

On the serious side, I had to think long and hard between waiting for the .357Sig M&Pc to come out (never was one to postpone instant gratification) or get the .40 now at a great price online, the former being my favorite caliber after the .45 ACP. Obviously I couldn't postpone squat and I figured once the .357Sig compact is introduced, it's just a matter of time before .357Sig after-market barrels become available.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
Mr. K,

That's sweet...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
Mr. K,

That is exactly why all my guns are black. :twisted:

·
Registered
89 Posts
New 40c

You'll love that gun, but be careful. I always face the music, walk around like a whipped dog for a couple days and appologize over and over for being such a weak low rent bum (contrition is key :oops: ). It's worked pretty well for 40 years and I can list my wives singularly without any X's. Above all.....don't you go playing around with that little black beauty in front of her for a couple days because all you'll do is rub it in and remind her just how pissed off with you she is. lol

Jim

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: New 40c

JimK66 said:
You'll love that gun, but be careful. I always face the music, walk around like a whipped dog for a couple days and appologize over and over for being such a weak low rent bum (contrition is key :oops: ). It's worked pretty well for 40 years and I can list my wives singularly without any X's. Above all.....don't you go playing around with that little black beauty in front of her for a couple days because all you'll do is rub it in and remind her just how pissed off with you she is. lol

Jim

Excellent advice Jim. I do appreciate. Of course it did help when I told her I applied for the shop's 90-day no interest credit card. This means I may be allowed back in the bedroom in 2-weeks versus 6 as originally stipulated in the "Am I pi---d at you? You better believe it agreement." It ain't pretty here in Kraigster414 Land. Think about this guys while you are enjoying the weekend.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
choochboost said:
[quote name='Kraigster414'] Hey Dan by the way, are your sharkskin grips interchangeable between the 9 and 40 compact?
Same frame, same backstraps.[/quote]

Thank you Donald.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd really enjoy seeing a couple good pics of MYP compact with a set of those grips installed.

Jim

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've found that a guy just breathing is reason enough sometimes for his wife to be pissed off at him. That said, it strikes me that you came out ahead because not only were you breathing but you also now have a new gun to add to the collection. And in exchange, you're only in the doghouse for a little while. :twisted:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JimK66 said:
I'd really enjoy seeing a couple good pics of MYP compact with a set of those grips installed.

Jim

Here you go Jim:

Holster is a Crossbreed QwikClip LH.

By the way, I also have a recipe for keeping those white dot sights nice and white. Consider that a teaser for another thread.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
NICE... :wink: I'll bet its toothpaste, just guessing.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Morgan Walker said:
NICE... :wink: I'll bet its toothpaste, just guessing.

Nope. Appliance touch up paint (white) applied with a toothpick. Let dry for an hour or so before applying another coat. I like about 3-4 coats (you have rather deep areas that need to be filled with paint). After the final coat, I apply with a wood toothpick, a drop of clear nail polish enamel. As you might be able to tell from the photo, my dots are extreme white and very good in reduced light. Left untreated the stock paint starts disappearing/breaking-down rather quickly. My treatment will give you a few extra miles. I have found nothing better for sights than white appliance touch-up paint and that includes Testors and all the rest,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kraigster414,

What I would do is run out as fast as I could and take all that extra money I saved on that deal and buy the wife something nice and just hand it to her and tell her how much I love her. When you finally show the weapon, she would not care about the purchase.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
elderberry99 said:
Kraigster414,

What I would do is run out as fast as I could and take all that extra money I saved on that deal and buy the wife something nice and just hand it to her and tell her how much I love her. When you finally show the weapon, she would not care about the purchase.

Again excellent advice from my esteemed colleagues. But what if SHE is the one that shows the weapon? (I did take her to my indoor range once and they ended up having to re-plaster the ceiling so I guess I shouldn't be too too concerned - she hasn't been allowed back since.)

In all seriousness, I haven't heard too much about it today. She's busy playing with our grandaughter and that puts a smile on her face every time.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts